Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van - Clb

Time to cash in..

VAN TRADES :

JT Miller 50% Retained 

CLB TRADES :

David Jiricek ( 18 - 6'3 RHD )

23' 1st unprotected

As we see ufa market dwindle, Teams will look to trade that put that over the top. The Blue jackets look to be taking a massive step forward with the massive FA signing JG. We so happen to be 3m over the cap, They have 3m cap space. Win win pretty much. JK could be living off the Johnny high and go all out. They need a good C and we can convince them Miller is a true C lol. Werenskis 8 year deal kicks in, they got their top RHD already.

I decided to go a little crazy with value miller brings imo because the market for guys like him now heat up now. NJ doesn't Improve from last year, Ranger make a lateral movement at best with a copp - Trochek swap. The caps will be missing Backstrom. At less than 3m the market is endless for Miller.

It won't help up right now, But it will for our window. I think a versatile fwd like Miller will be cheaper than a winger like patty Kane anyways and make something like this deal possible

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Yeah…that’s not gonna happen.

I do like the shout for CLB though, they do have a deep prospect pool and seem to be ready to make some noise. Wouldn’t be surprised if to see these teams talk. Maybe something like a 1st + Corson Ceulemans kind of deal. Ceulemans was 25th overall last year and put up good stats on his freshman year at Wisconsin. RD so he’s what the Nucks are looking for. Would look similar to the Fiala return.

Edited by Blue Jay 22

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I do like the shout for CLB though, they do have a deep prospect pool and seem to be ready to make some noise. Wouldn’t be surprised if to see these teams talk. Maybe something like a 1st + Corson Ceulemans kind of deal. Ceulemans was 25th overall last year and put up good stats on his freshman year at Wisconsin. RD so he’s what the Nucks are looking for. Would look similar to the Fiala return.

Times have changed, the market is becoming thin, Bidding wars will happen... I just want something around jiricek... They have a real solid top 4 already. It's not likely but maybe JK feels it's time to go "all in"

I just feel if any team would go above and beyond it could actually be CLB based off eachothers current situation 

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Times have changed, the market is becoming thin, Bidding wars will happen... I just want something around jiricek... They have a real solid top 4 already. It's not likely but maybe JK feels it's time to go "all in"

I just feel if any team would go above and beyond it could actually be CLB based off eachothers current situation 

There might be a bidding war, but teams usually don’t offer their recent lotto draft pick prospects to 1 up others. Keyword is usually, crazier things have happened! But I wouldn’t get your hopes up on Jiricek. Columbus has a top 10 prospect pool imo right now anyway, so even if the Nucks don’t land Jiricek but can swipe maybe 2 prospects from them inside their top 10, I would consider that a win.

I think, in a lot of fans heads, they think trade negotiations for the Canucks go something like this:

Allvin calls a rival GM, "Hey, I see you have a nice, young Right Defense ready to enter the lineup next season. We really want him on our team, I'm sending over trade paperwork for a C level prospect and a couple bags of used pucks"

Other GM: " But....but....."

Allvin: "Stop your crying and sign the fricken paperwork. Our fans on CDC are really big on this trade, they aren't going to take NO for an answer. We've got this one guy on there, goes by the handle of @Alflives, trust me, you don't want him showing up in your office because you didn't sign off, he will F#$@ you up, just trust me on this...

Allvin: "Just sign the paperwork and let us know when we should pick the kid up at the airport...."

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think, in a lot of fans heads, they think trade negotiations for the Canucks go something like this:

Allvin calls a rival GM, "Hey, I see you have a nice, young Right Defense ready to enter the lineup next season. We really want him on our team, I'm sending over trade paperwork for a C level prospect and a couple bags of used pucks"

Other GM: " But....but....."

Allvin: "Stop your crying and sign the fricken paperwork. Our fans on CDC are really big on this trade, they aren't going to take NO for an answer. We've got this one guy on there, goes by the handle of @Alflives, trust me, you don't want him showing up in your office because you didn't sign off, he will F#$@ you up, just trust me on this...

Allvin: "Just sign the paperwork and let us know when we should pick the kid up at the airport...."

I'm just in the party of complementing Hughes at all costs. 1 offensive franchise D in 50 years.. we cannot afford to blow it. So happens to come at the same time as a real good C & G

Columbus is on the raise, Tons of top end talent that soo young, Nowhere near prime... yet producing now. Still a good prospect pool. If any team may be willing to give up that big chip... maybe it's them is my position here

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

Unlikely.

CBJ has $3M space and still needs to re-sign Laine.  So most likely they are looking to move players to fit Laine in.

That's fair. I'd move out nyquist and he's got a high cap hit @ 5.5 but still a good player + only 1 year left. Should bring value. Lots of money 

On 7/13/2022 at 6:28 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

I think Columbus would be a good trade partner as they have a surplus of young talent/prospects. I would take Ceulamans, Roslovic and another decent prospect. Or they could trade for Boqvist and a decent prospect or roster player.