The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] John Klingberg waiting on Canucks to make a move

19 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Demko ran out of gas not because we dug ourself a big hole.. it’s how he’s been having to stand on his head every night to keep the team in while they no show 1st period every game with or without Bruce. While I don’t see this team being competitive against the top teams in the west. I do agree we are close need a few pieces but problem is just getting 1 is already hard enough let alone couple 

Yes it’s not easy to find those missing pieces, but we do have assets to trade for missing pieces it’s up to management to play their cards right and not overpay.

15 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I think. Bruce said Demko played hurt the last 2 weeks of the season, hes gonna be even better this season I think.

I was looking at other teams forward group and none are better on paper imo. I mean it's pretty exciting to see 10 guys who should score 20 goals, heck maybe 11, that is some serious depth. Especially when 4 should hit 30+  Petey, Brock, Horvat, JT, with a few others close to 25.

Top goalie in the West and a Dgroup top 3 5on5 GA last season and 2 great additions on the pk that was 80% under Bruce.

Oh and a 23 yearold D who is likely hitting 78+ points.

I know were used to doom and gloom but we have a really strong team and every playoff team in the west aside from the kings is weaker or at best status quo.

I think the Oilers made a big mistake with Jack and there D is worse without DK.

A full year of Bruce is also huge and the natural evolution of the younger guys can't be understated. 

Petey is going to put it all together, imagine a full year of Petey from February on? Brocks hopefully mentally and physically good to go and a full year of top six Podz? Why wouldn't we be excited for this  team.

Now just announce the flying skate is officially the 3rd and I'll really be happy.

Well said about our forward group it might be one of the best we ever had to start a year and a lot of unknown potential who could breakout big time this year along with the core  players will make Miller (would like to resign) expendable to get that missing RD If he’s not going to sign before TDL.  

Flying Skate Logo is one of the best ever made League wide, should of been locked as 3rd jerseys years ago it’s about time they made it official. 

Amazing years ahead just hope management don’t mess up this one.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DeNiro said:

What if Klingbergs value has dropped below 6 mil and could be had on a shorter deal?

At this point it seems to be trending that way.

I think we’d be crazy not to add him if he could be had for cheaper and wants to be here.

This is precisely what I think our management group is hoping for.

1 hour ago, MadSkillz said:

Well said about our forward group it might be one of the best we ever had to start a year and a lot of unknown potential who could breakout big time this year along with the core  players will make Miller (would like to resign) expendable to get that missing RD If he’s not going to sign before TDL.  

Flying Skate Logo is one of the best ever made League wide, should of been locked as 3rd jerseys years ago it’s about time they made it official. 

Amazing years ahead just hope management don’t mess up this one.

I really hope management doesn't mess up what they pretty much inherited.

Full credit to the 3 forwards they have added  but not a  bad forward situation to inherit.

Compared to the mess Benning was left with lol.

Skate uni is what I will always prefer since it's part of my childhood in the late 80s but is it just me or do they not look intimidating out there? 

Plus that tribute by Demko while making similar saves as captain Kirk, was so cool.

• Cheers 2