The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] John Klingberg waiting on Canucks to make a move

I have been talking about this for a few months as a possibility, so it wouldn’t be surprising to me at all.

OEL and he are friends.  There is a story I read  about OEL pranking him by filling his entire hotel room with balloons.

Also we have the Swedish mafia in Allvin and the Sedins to make a pitch.

The guy is good, really good.  He and OEL would be a pair that can drive a crap ton of offence from the back end.  They play defence like Hughes does… by having the puck on their sticks and not the opposition.

• Cheers 3

Doesn't bring anything that Myers doesn't. I can't see what value we'd have trading Myers and signing Klingberg. Maybe he has insane chemistry with Hughes or OEL but I dunno. Just seems like a sideway move at best. And that's assuming he signs for 6m per. He could probably make much more somewhere else. If he'd take somewhere around 5-6m it'd be a nice addition. Maybe.

We are 3m over the cap, meaning we'd not only need to move Myers, we'd also need to move at least one of Pearson/Garland/Miller. That's a lot of cap out, not sure teams are lining up for Myers. Miller deal if it was gonna get done probably would've been done already. Garland I like, it'd be sad to see him go just to bring in an offensive minded D-man and not a defensive minded one.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Doesn't bring anything that Myers doesn't. I can't see what value we'd have trading Myers and signing Klingberg. Maybe he has insane chemistry with Hughes or OEL but I dunno. Just seems like a sideway move at best. And that's assuming he signs for 6m per. He could probably make much more somewhere else. If he'd take somewhere around 5-6m it'd be a nice addition. Maybe.

We are 3m over the cap, meaning we'd not only need to move Myers, we'd also need to move at least one of Pearson/Garland/Miller. That's a lot of cap out, not sure teams are lining up for Myers. Miller deal if it was gonna get done probably would've been done already. Garland I like, it'd be sad to see him go just to bring in an offensive minded D-man and not a defensive minded one.

does myers score an average of 56 points per season?

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Then you are a straight up fool.

Myers may have the occasional brain fart, but he's nowhere near as bad in his own zone.  I simply have zero tolerance for a defenceman who can't play defence.  Klingberg can go to a team where being a defensive liability is acceptable such as Edmonton.

• Upvote 1

if this is real. Which I’m living in fantasy land these days and if Johnny hockey could go to Columbus it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

The only way i see this working is if OEL is getting moved. How else could it work?

there were rumours that the Canucks were pursuing trades for garland and OEL by insiders over miller and Myers who everyone thought.

klingberg is gonna get 6.5-8 million x 5-7 years taking him to 34-36 years old.

I mean 3-4 of those years should be pretty good and 34-36 though who knows maybe he still plays relatively well.

But how much are we better with him over OEL?

Unless other moves were to come or they were to acquire a LHD in a trade after.

Head spinning LOL

2 hours ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

image.png.988f65010a346a6d958852c4a4533483.png

Oh OK Dhali.  Canucks are going to tell you exactly what's going on behind the scenes.. 

Did you have prior knowledge about all the UFAs they signed today? Lol

Not saying its a thing. But Dhaliwal isn't Fransesco Aqualini where JR is going to tell him exactly what he's upto behind the scenes.. 

• Cheers 1

If we find some good trades for our forwards, I'd totally down for this. I'd the Canucks could add him and somehow get Marino from Pits, this teams defense could look entirely different next year.

That being said, it contradicts what they have been saying all along. JR said today that they didn't like what they saw in the FA for defensemen and would need to be looking for trades to rebuild.