The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] John Klingberg waiting on Canucks to make a move

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I don't think Miller signs an extension with anyone unless it's close to a 10 million 7 or 8 year offer. 

He'll want to go UFA and have teams bid on him and pick where he wants to go after seeing offers and presentations from multiple teams next summer.. it's a risk but he'll bet on himself. He'll be the best player on the Canucks again and put up another 90pts + season. Next contract will be his last am6d he's planning on loading up a brinx truck and taking it home to his wife and kids.  

He will only be the best player if he sabotage for Petey.

Remember my words, Petey will dominate, also be best, pointwise if not injured.

Regarding Klingberg, he doesn’t fit the team going forward. 
If Allvin should do something it is to take draft picks, players and go for real good young RHD.

OEL and Klingberg, 2 old players past their prime taking up 15million of salary cap for years to come. With Pettersson/Horvat contract renewals coming up. We would also be paying 3 defensemen 7mil plus, pretty awkward in the league, and our defensemen wont even be dominating. Sure doesn't sound like a good thing. Even though the rumor is very likely to be untrue. 

Edited by Drakrami
  • Vintage 1

7 hours ago, gurn said:

"15 mil in old Swedes" is an awesome band name.

Can double bill with Russel Crowe and his 30 Odd Foot Of Grunts.

There are so many possibilities, really. 

"Hey, babe, you smell great today. Is that the English Leather?"

"Nah. It's Old Swedes. Best 15 mil I ever spent."

Or

"I am killing it in the market right now. My Amazon stocks are up over a grand."

"Yeah? Well I have 15 mil in Old Swedes. I got in for pennies when nobody really knew what they were. (Suck it, Questrade.)"

• Haha 1

He was the toast of the town a few years ago and over the past two, he has been the whipping boy for Stars fans.  If we think he would be a great compliment to Huggie, take a look at Heiskenen and how that worked out. While Huggie is working to improve his defensive game, he is very similar to Heisky who is an offense first guy. Klinger is a PP1 type dman and with us he would slot in on PP2. His PP points are a driving force in his game much like Huggie so there is more redundancy. In many ways I liken Klinger to Barrie in EDM who puts up points, but is also a HUGE defensive liability.  

I can see Myers being a great fit in Dallas as a consolation prize to Burns if they lose Klinger. He is from Houston originally although he was not there for very long. The only way I would be interested in Klinger is if he agrees to a bit of a discount to come to VAN, allowing us to free up space to keep Millsy. Otherwise, keep the Giraffe and keep working the cap issues with other players.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, erkayloomeh said:

As usual it depends on term. 

People complain about Myers. Klingberg for an extra 2? 

yeah its one of those like the skillsets but the money.... but otoh when you look at teams that go deep veteran d is a requirement. I think this rumour is all BS anyway. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Not a fit. Need two stay at home physical partners that can allow QH and OEL produce. This guy like others on here have said that it doesn’t make sense adding another PMD doesn’t fit our need. Need grit and snarl.

Unless they want a really mobile back end, like the avelanche.

I don’t know I think this is one of those surprise rumours that could have some legs.

JR said we cannot win with our blue line. He has yet to change our blue line. Losing miller to a trade but added mikehyev kuzmenko upgrading our bottom 6 and upgrading our defence to add 50+ points and bounce backs or growth from our young players and you can argue we are faster and better than last year. 

not to mention with a proper Pk unit with stronger personnel and a better coaching staff and a full camp together.

I just can’t believe we aren’t adding a dman and making 1-3 trades before the season starts. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Not a fit. Need two stay at home physical partners that can allow QH and OEL produce. This guy like others on here have said that it doesn’t make sense adding another PMD doesn’t fit our need. Need grit and snarl.

Yea man and I want nasty scary snarl.

None of this bs where Ferland dominates.

I want that nastiness where forwards are afraid to go to the net. Face washes are amateur hour. I want teeth on the ice if you even look at Demmer.

You want to hit Huggy?? You get me first. Once you are done with me you get me again.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, mll said:

Turnover rate I do not love. But considering he gets top line match ups and eats minutes I’d love to see Myers and OEL season ranks for the above categories  

MYERS 32 takeaways 56 giveaways

OEL 26 Takeaways 42 giveaways

Hughes 41 takeaways 42 giveaways

Klingberg 16 takeaways wait for it… 86 Giveaways! 86!

Holy moly Klingberg is a turnover machine..

Numbers from hockey reference 

Edited by R3aL
Looked up takeaways and giveaways
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

He was the toast of the town a few years ago and over the past two, he has been the whipping boy for Stars fans.  If we think he would be a great compliment to Huggie, take a look at Heiskenen and how that worked out. While Huggie is working to improve his defensive game, he is very similar to Heisky who is an offense first guy. Klinger is a PP1 type dman and with us he would slot in on PP2. His PP points are a driving force in his game much like Huggie so there is more redundancy. In many ways I liken Klinger to Barrie in EDM who puts up points, but is also a HUGE defensive liability.  

I can see Myers being a great fit in Dallas as a consolation prize to Burns if they lose Klinger. He is from Houston originally although he was not there for very long. The only way I would be interested in Klinger is if he agrees to a bit of a discount to come to VAN, allowing us to free up space to keep Millsy. Otherwise, keep the Giraffe and keep working the cap issues with other players.  

Um, Heiskenen and Quinn are similar players like Bourque and Neidermeyer were similar players, they are both D. 
I agree that Klinberg is more like Q.  
‘If there is any truth to this (which I don’t believe) we would be building a D that looks like a poor man’s Avs with a lot of puck movers and that isn’t all bad.