The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Devils sign Ondrej Palat

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

bad move by NJ, over pay and too long, guess fits was too nervous to pony up for miller

I think this means they won’t ever be interested in Garland or Boeser now like the rumours last year. 

Similar level players last year but Boeser can play higher levels obviously when he’s on his game. 

Palat is 31.. yes, had a great playoffs but how much is left in the tank after 3 straight trips to the finals?  Regular season stats don’t jump off the page.  

it’s notable that the forward market is soft for trade but the UFAs are still cleaning up. 

6 minutes ago, the harry said:

Instead of a regular season PPG player in Gaudreau, the Devils got a play off PPG player in Palat. Well done, Devils!

Yeah between Gaudreau and Palat, I think this is a pretty good move by the Devils. 

22 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Devils are taking a page from Benning on this one. I'm really not sure if this is a good signing from the beginning.

Total panic move. Yes they have the cap but palat is not even a main offensive threat in his prime.. let alone as he ages on the same old tiny devils