The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver~Anaheim

Ducks: D Tyler Myers

Canucks: (BOS) 2024 2nd Round Pick

The Ducks have some of the best cap space in the league and even after re-signing

Urho Vaakanainen and Isac Lundestrom (RFAs); they will likely still not be at the cap floor. Trading for T.Myers would not just be a cap move but they are currently in need of one more defenceman to round out their roster. Specifically a veteran, tough, big, RHD to surround their young skill with. Tyler Myers is exactly what they need and checks all boxes for them. Even though the Canucks need to clear cap space, the Canucks still ask for a 2nd Round Pick because they’d be trading an impact D-man to a direct division rival. (This clears $6,000,000 in cap space and gives us $3,248,333 in cap space before calculating Ferlands LTIR space).

47 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

SJ just traded Burns and they have a bit of cap space. 

Myers to the Sharks for (RD) Ryan Merkley and a 2nd (2023)

Try to sign UFAs (RD) Matt Benning (from SJ) and (RD) Josh Brook (from MTL)

San Jose has been trying to clear cap space and move one or two of E.Karlsson, B.Burns, M-E.Vlasic for over a year now. Why would they immediately add T.Myers $6 Million right after moving Burns cap hit (and retaining 33%)… Also Matt Benning was a UFA from Nashville and was just signed by San Jose. As for Josh Brook I like your idea of targeting a young RHD like him!

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

SJ just traded Burns and they have a bit of cap space. 

Myers to the Sharks for (RD) Ryan Merkley and a 2nd (2023)

Try to sign UFAs (RD) Matt Benning (from SJ) and (RD) Josh Brook (from MTL)

Merkley is an absolute tire fire in his own zone and has been a minus on literally every single team he's been on other than a stacked London Knights group.  Best cased scenario for him is Barrie with a worse attitude, which is nowhere close to NHL quality.  Without Myers, our D is even worse next year.

Edited by King Heffy

4 hours ago, Underdog7 said:

San Jose has been trying to clear cap space and move one or two of E.Karlsson, B.Burns, M-E.Vlasic for over a year now. Why would they immediately add T.Myers $6 Million right after moving Burns cap hit (and retaining 33%)… Also Matt Benning was a UFA from Nashville and was just signed by San Jose. As for Josh Brook I like your idea of targeting a young RHD like him!

A trade that will never happen but imagine this;

Canucks trade Dickinson and Poolman pick/prospect(Dipietro/Jurmo?)

to San Jose for

Erik Karlsson 35% retained roughly 7.5m cap hit I believe

OEL Karlsson pairing could work well as a 2nd pairing, EK plays PP1 with Hughes

Canucks really need to call Arizona and ask what it would take to send Poolman and Dickinson. Dipietro could use a change of scenery, would Dipietro and a pick be enough or no? Arizona has to reach the cap floor somehow, but I think clearing Dickinson and Poolman would be beneficial for us, sucks to give up assets but that's 5m gone!

Obviously the above trade with San Jose very likely doesn't happen, but if it somehow did Canucks could move Myers with some retention even (Seattle/Dallas for Hakanpaa) and a team has to take Pearson, he is useful...Rutherford isn't a fan of his, would a pick from Calgary be a possible trade. Pearson and Toffoli back on the same team again? Calgary might not have the cap space so maybe Seattle or Arizona again for Pearson?

Hughes Carlo/Marino(via JT/Garland+ trade, We would have to add to Garland to get either D as they are more valuable than Garland)

OEL Karlsson

Dermott/Rathbone Schenn/Hakanppa

• Thanks 1

I'm not against trading Myers for something like a 2nd, but it would be essential to replace him with an equally or more competent defenseman, and one who is equally capable at blocking shots. (Which is the one thing Myers is really good at).

• Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I'm not against trading Myers for something like a 2nd, but it would be essential to replace him with an equally or more competent defenseman, and one who is equally capable at blocking shots. (Which is the one thing Myers is really good at).

I wonder if we have offers for Myers but JR/Allvin are waiting for a Miller deal that brings in a right shot D first?  Might see Miller out - new right shot D in - Myers out (for a pick to clear all his cap)? 

8 minutes ago, kloubek said:

imo moving Myers is going to take a 3 way deal, where he gets moved out and we get a RHD back in. Pretty hard to pull off but I can't see PA/JR risking moving Myers unless there's an immediate replacement. 

@J.I.A.H.N you're up buddy, make this deal happen. 

• Cheers 1