The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Avalanche sign Brad Hunt

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Would be next to impossible due to how much trouble a team would be in to resort to letting this pylon dress.  The Avs will be better off dressing 13 forwards.

Once again dramatic and false he’s not even remotely that bad defensively. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

.34ppg with limited ice time, all at a low salary. I actually would have liked to keep him around for injury depth if nothing else.

No big loss though...

Yep, my only issue with him was lack of size and he got pushed around easily, other than that serviceable dman who can score at a good clip. 

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yep, my only issue with him was lack of size and he got pushed around easily, other than that serviceable dman who can score at a good clip. 

He did. Which is why I only wanted to re-sign him for depth but not to be permanently on the big club. He did bring some points, but was meh in virtually every other way on the ice.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Would be next to impossible due to how much trouble a team would be in to resort to letting this pylon dress.  The Avs will be better off dressing 13 forwards.

2 hours ago, kloubek said:

.34ppg with limited ice time, all at a low salary. I actually would have liked to keep him around for injury depth if nothing else.

No big loss though...

Really don't understand negativity about Hunt. As a cheap, depth D-man he is pretty good. And, by all accounts, he is a great teammate.  Never complains, always positive, tries to do his job. He will be a healthy scratch unless someone gets injured and won't complain about it.

As @kloubek says, he is not really a "loss". Apparently the Canucks decided not to re-sign him. As they expect Rathbone to be on the NHL team, there was not a lot of room for Hunt. 

I wish him the best. Glad he was able to sign on with another NHL team. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Really don't understand negativity about Hunt. As a cheap, depth D-man he is pretty good. And, by all accounts, he is a great teammate.  Never complains, always positive, tries to do his job. He will be a healthy scratch unless someone gets injured and won't complain about it.

As @kloubek says, he is not really a "loss". Apparently the Canucks decided not to re-sign him. As they expect Rathbone to be on the NHL team, there was not a lot of room for Hunt. 

I wish him the best. Glad he was able to sign on with another NHL team. 

Good attitude, absolutely atrocious in his own zone.  

3 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Seemed like every time I trashed him he would make a great play. He was a mixed bag. Seemed oike a great team mate though. 

He did seem like a great guy but I just couldn't get behind him as a player. He's got everything to be proud of being in the NHL, but I just wasn't a fan.