The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] 24 players elect salary arbitration

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yamamoto will be owed a $1.175MM qualifying offer but should more than double that on his next contract.  After a tough showing in 2020-21, the 23-year-old bounced back nicely, hitting the 20-goal mark for the first time while setting new career bests in assists (21) and points (41) 

So, Yamamoto at 2.5?

I know he is short but he is a force out there.

He's gonna get more than that.

But not from us, I hope.

Not from us? Huh 

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Lawson Crouse and a 2nd for Pearson and Hoglander

then

Miller for Severson, McLeod and a 1st

Crouse             Pettersson           Podkolzin

Kuzmenko           Horvat              Boeser

Mikheyev            McLeod             Garland

Dickenson            Lazar               Lockwood

Move Hoglander  and Rathbone  for RHD Roy (LA) 

Hughes      Roy

OEL           Severson

Dermott     Burroughs

Schenn

I like the idea of what your trying to achieve but you traded Hoglander to Arizona and to LA, maybe use the pick and I would rather move Dermott before Rathbone. Twice the salary so some cap savings and a bottom pairing of Rathbone and Schenn is my ideal opening night roster setup

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

A few names on that list that I find very intriguing.  but also a few that are going to cost teams a lot more than I believe they wanted to pay.

Bratt, Mangiapane, Yamamoto and even Puljujarvi are going to get raises

Bratt and mangiapane could be rough for their teams 

Filing for arbitration is also a way to set a deadline to agree on a contract and avoid for negotiations to drag into camp or the season.  

The walk-away threshold is USD 4'538'958 - ie for an award above that amount the team has the option to let the player become a UFA.  There's no walk-away in a team elected arbitration - so far only NJD has filed with Miles Wood.

Players who have filed for arbitration can no longer sign their qualifying offer.  Others still can with the deadline being 22 July after which they expire automatically.

• Dubois.  Can't really see him signing an offer-sheet when Winnipeg could match and he wants out.  Has a 6M QO and 2 years left to UFA.
  • Tkachuk.  1 year to UFA with a 9M qualifying offer.
  • Laine.  They are apparently 1.5M apart on a 5-6 year deal per Portzline
  • Kunin
  • Nic Roy
  • Not arbitration eligible - Dobson, Dach, Hayton, Sandin, Necas, Robertson,...

So Calgary have 18M to sign Tkachuk, Mangiapagne and Kylington. If Gaudreau got his 10M they would have lost a lot of their depth.

Tkachuk surely gets 8-9M.

Kylington was a 30 point, bottom-ish pairing defenceman so I expect he'll get around 2-3M.

Mangiapagne is going to get paid. 3rd liner who played every game and scored 35 goals, he might get 5M.

That's all well and good but Monahan's 6M is currently on LTIR so not sure how he fits back into the picture when he's healthy...

Lot of cap trouble for a team who is now past their prime and past their best shot at a Cup.

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

So Calgary have 18M to sign Tkachuk, Mangiapagne and Kylington. If Gaudreau got his 10M they would have lost a lot of their depth.

Tkachuk surely gets 8-9M.

Kylington was a 30 point, bottom-ish pairing defenceman so I expect he'll get around 2-3M.

Mangiapagne is going to get paid. 3rd liner who played every game and scored 35 goals, he might get 5M.

That's all well and good but Monahan's 6M is currently on LTIR so not sure how he fits back into the picture when he's healthy...

Lot of cap trouble for a team who is now past their prime and past their best shot at a Cup.

Trade Miller, use one of the pieces to take Monahan off of calgary's hands if they retain on him and see where that 60 point + average centre went under Bruce Boudreau.

NOTHING would make me happier than  taking a 27 year old centre off of Calgary's hands that they feel is totally expendable and then turning him around.  It would also be a cheap  replacement for centre depth I'd imagine judging by what Flames fans seem to think of him

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Trade Miller, use one of the pieces to take Monahan off of calgary's hands if they retain on him and see where that 60 point + average centre went under Bruce Boudreau.

NOTHING would make me happier than  taking a 27 year old centre off of Calgary's hands that they feel is totally expendable and then turning him around.  It would also be a cheap  replacement for centre depth I'd imagine judging by what Flames fans seem to think of him

He has Keslers hip problems I thought? Poor investment. Pretty sure Backstrom is in the same situation now too 

39 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

He has Keslers hip problems I thought? Poor investment. Pretty sure Backstrom is in the same situation now too 

He's going through hip resurfacing?

Ya then he's done.  Skip that thought

11 hours ago, R3aL said:

I kinda would. We are so deep on the wings and we need a 3C and RHD more than anything :(

If we keep Miller, why would 3C be a need. A longer-term answer at RHD, absolutely, but that can be dealt with by dealing Myers and company plus some sweeteners. Miller, Petterson, Horvat, and Lazar is an excellent group

Edited by BC_Hawk

13 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

If we keep Miller, why would 3C be a need. A longer-term answer at RHD, absolutely, but that can be dealt with by dealing Myers and company plus some sweeteners. Miller, Petterson, Horvat, and Lazar is an excellent group

Well we wouldn’t need that in that scenario. Those are our needs if we trade miller. not saying it’s not possible but trading Myers out and trading for a better rhd isn’t that easy is it? 

so a team is going to give us a better rhd or a younger sure thing for Myers and some sweeteners?