The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Contender Now! (proposals)

4 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

@Alflives

.do you see Hughes or Pettersson carrying this team?

I don't! 

I do. They are both incredibly competitive and have fire inside them. Hughes skated the length of the ice to break his stick on a guy because he was pissed off. Pete was something like 4th in the league in PM drawn differential. IMO Pete and Hughes are better than the Sedins at their age. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I do. They are both incredibly competitive and have fire inside them. Hughes skated the length of the ice to break his stick on a guy because he was pissed off. Pete was something like 4th in the league in PM drawn differential. IMO Pete and Hughes are better than the Sedins at their age. 

Hmmmm? I am not sure. I am not saying no, but I am not saying they will. Really questionable, IMO. 

Miller really acted like a player that carried a team last year...............I am not sure I see that from the other 2

25 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

@Alflives

So just as a side question to our current cap, and how we need to get at least one RHD, which we can not because of our Cap

What if Kuzmenko score 60 points this year? He is a UFA at the end of the year, so what do we do about that and trying to fix our RHD at the same time?

IMO, this cap problem is such an important part of the problem and the answer.............same goes for Horvat's ask, and what Pettersson's asks 1 year later

To build a top 10 team mean getting depth players on great deals and stars that can carry teams...........do you see Hughes or Pettersson carrying this team?

I don't! 

Good points.  Cap space is too important to bring in cap dumps like Anderson. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Hmmmm? I am not sure. I am not saying no, but I am not saying they will. Really questionable, IMO. 

Miller really acted like a player that carried a team last year...............I am not sure I see that from the other 2

Hmmmmmm. these kids are 22/23 and they are drastically improving the way they play the game every year. 

Hughes tidied up the defensive side of his game at 22 he is a top 10 D in the league. His contract is a home run. 

EP under Boudreau 55games 28g 28a 56pts while being our best defensive FWD Pavol Datsyuk was 28 when he started to produce those numbers. Pete was 4th in the league at drawing penalties and led our team in takeaways. 

So maybe define what you mean by carrying the team because. They were our best players 200'. Miller got 100 points and had a great season no doubt but all situations Hughes and Pete carried the team down the stretch in my opinion. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I do like Anderson's game though......but isn't he injured a lot?

It doesn’t matter because Anderson isn’t a cap dump.  If they move him they’ll get a good return. (As reported by several insiders and hockey pundits) 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Hmmmmmm. these kids are 22/23 and they are drastically improving the way they play the game every year. 

Hughes tidied up the defensive side of his game at 22 he is a top 10 D in the league. His contract is a home run. 

EP under Boudreau 55games 28g 28a 56pts while being our best defensive FWD Pavol Datsyuk was 28 when he started to produce those numbers. Pete was 4th in the league at drawing penalties and led our team in takeaways. 

So maybe define what you mean by carrying the team because. They were our best players 200'. Miller got 100 points and had a great season no doubt but all situations Hughes and Pete carried the team down the stretch in my opinion. 

I sure hope you are Right Hammer!

Please don't get me wrong, I am not saying for a moment they are not talented. But the jury is out if they progress further than they have. Geez, I hope I am wrong!

I thought that Miller carried the team last year, start to finish, IMO. But I respect yours.

I am all about pressure. Miller, Horvat to a lesser extent, pressure defenses, Pettersson falls down! LOL. Hughes, is an incredible special teams player, and yes he improved his defensive play last year, so...........you could absolutely be right about him, and again, I hope you are!

I am certainly mixed, in Pettersson's role. Maybe, as you say, he will get stronger (I am sure he will) but whether he ever gets to be a bonifide Driver of play, is another question.

I am purely in a wait and see about him developing further...........still a good player though.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I sure hope you are Right Hammer!

Please don't get me wrong, I am not saying for a moment they are not talented. But the jury is out if they progress further than they have. Geez, I hope I am wrong!

I thought that Miller carried the team last year, start to finish, IMO. But I respect yours.

I am all about pressure. Miller, Horvat to a lesser extent, pressure defenses, Pettersson falls down! LOL. Hughes, is an incredible special teams player, and yes he improved his defensive play last year, so...........you could absolutely be right about him, and again, I hope you are!

I am certainly mixed, in Pettersson's role. Maybe, as you say, he will get stronger (I am sure he will) but whether he ever gets to be a bonifide Driver of play, is another question.

I am purely in a wait and see about him developing further...........still a good player though.

Meh I'm not keen for Pete to get too much heavier he's around 185 now I think 190 would be the perfect weight for him to play at (See Sedins). Sure he falls down some he's not a pwf whats important is he's a gamer who doesn't back down and ups his intensity level when games get chippier. That hit he layed on Brock at the end of the year he came all the way across the ice when he realized Body Builder Brock had blown his assignment and wasn't going to catch his check. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

It doesn’t matter because Anderson isn’t a cap dump.  If they move him they’ll get a good return. (As reported by several insiders and hockey pundits) 

Anderson 27 points per season.  5 x 5 mil left.  Dumperoo. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 1