The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your unpopular Canuck opinions?

Rate this topic

Coconuts

Vancouver will never win the Cup while the cap is flat across all teams. Taxes cause players' take-home pay to be way lower in Canada than in places like Florida and Texas. Essentially The Panthers, Lightning, and Stars get over $15m of extra cap each and there is simply no way to overcome this level of handicap. It's unpopular to say this though cause no one wants to talk about it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3
  • Sad 1

the new management group hasn't been here for 52 years and doesn't need to pay any attention to the impatience and stress that is rampant among our fanbase. And the organization will be better off if they don't.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

I firmly believe that Linden could've built a really good team, IF he were allowed to do it HIS way.

Aquaman & Benning thought they could do it on the fly with minimal changes and we all know how THAT worked out now don't we?

Linden hired Benning tho, without having known him at all. Rookie move. 

• Cheers 3

Maybe more of a popular opinion?

I can see JR try to get the team back to wearing the "skate" uniforms. They're more intimidating, looks tougher, classic.

They want to find their identity? They might find it wearing those jerseys full time.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

JT Miller's high risk high reward style of play will not win this team the cup if he is one of the primary players they rely on.  Too many give aways, too high risk when things are not going his way.

This is a great unpopular take. I tend to agree.

• Cheers 3

30 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I can see JR try to get the team back to wearing the "skate" uniforms. They're more intimidating, looks tougher, classic.

They want to find their identity? They might find it wearing those jerseys full time.

We will never have an identity with the name Canucks. Too many jersey changes, too many people change opinions based on fashion. 

A First Nations Artist doing a proper Canuck logo (Orca) might do the trick. 

Benning could draft, signed Demko to a pretty good deal. Petey and Hughes might wind up being steals. But he was horrible at management both cap and players. 

I would love to have seen Linden backed up by ownership. Benning needed someone to say no, instead of a yes man as an assistant GM. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I love the skate jersey, it is fun... but that said, I'm not so sure it would be such a great idea to bring it back full time. Imo it's too retro looking, like you can tell that it really is a product of the late 80s/early 90s (same with the kachina jerseys down there in Arizona, and I bet those jerseys will be replaced yet again in the next 5 years with a more tasteful design)

Similarly, we too should aim for a more simple, timeless look. I really liked the West coast express era stick in rink alternatives, but many people say it's a boring look, so who knows.

Canucks will retire Naslund's number 19 jersey | CTV News

Edited by Rubik
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Rubik said:

I love the skate jersey, they are fun... but that said, I'm not so sure it would be a great idea to bring it back full time. Imo it's too retro looking, like you can tell it really is a product of the late 80s/early 90s (same with the kachina jerseys down there in Arizona, and I bet those jerseys will be replaced yet again in the next 5 years for a more tasteful design)

Similarly, we too should aim for a more simple, timeless look. I really liked the West coast express era stick in rink alternatives, but many people say it's a boring look, so who knows.

Canucks will retire Naslund's number 19 jersey | CTV News

The stick-in-rink is good for a shoulder patch but I don't like it as the main logo

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2