The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your unpopular Canuck opinions?

Rate this topic

Coconuts

44 minutes ago, Darius said:

JT Miller's high risk high reward style of play will not win this team the cup if he is one of the primary players they rely on.  Too many give aways, too high risk when things are not going his way.

I was going to come in here and say for a guy who speaks of his compete level all the time, I find his body language awful. He has mini tantrums on the ice after a giveaway and doesn't hustle back to make up for it, competitive players can be emotional, but they still compete...he gives up on a LOT of plays. I was really hoping they were going to find a nice deal on draft day.

Also, Pettersson's streaky/perimeter play is infuriating and I can't ever see him being a 'leader' in the playoffs, but I truly hope he proves me wrong because I do like him and think he is incredibly skilled.

• Cheers 4

Vancouver Canucks fans are too educated for their own good. Looking at someone's cap hit is preventing them from enjoying what happens on the ice. 

1.  Jim Benning will go down as a bottom-3 GM in NHL history
1.5. The Vancouver Canucks have been just as big a mess as the Buffalo Sabres, Ottawa Senators, and Arizona Coyotes in the last 5+ years when you account for tampering charges, numerous buyouts, tons of failure on the ice, loads of personnel turnover, and even legal issues.
2.  The Seattle Kraken will win a Stanley Cup before the Vancouver Canucks do (should they ever win one) 
3.  Alexandre Burrows is not a good person (shocker, not many in the NHL are) and his legacy as a player for this team should not excuse him for stuff that he's done on and off the ice.
4.  JT Miller peaked; will not come close to 90 pts again in his career, let alone 100 pts.
5.  Vancouver is a beautiful city and many players would love to play for this team; don't listen to agents and managerial figures who have tried to say otherwise.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, AV. said:

1.  Jim Benning will go down as a bottom-3 GM in NHL history
1.5. The Vancouver Canucks have been just as big a mess as the Buffalo Sabres, Ottawa Senators, and Arizona Coyotes in the last 5+ years when you account for tampering charges, numerous buyouts, tons of failure on the ice, loads of personnel turnover, and even legal issues.
2.  The Seattle Kraken will win a Stanley Cup before the Vancouver Canucks do (should they ever win one) 
3.  Alexandre Burrows is not a good person (shocker, not many in the NHL are) and his legacy as a player for this team should not excuse him for stuff that he's done on and off the ice.
4.  JT Miller peaked; will not come close to 90 pts again in his career, let alone 100 pts.
5.  Vancouver is a beautiful city and many players would love to play for this team; don't listen to agents and managerial figures who have tried to say otherwise.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/756830-george-mcphee-and-the-10-worst-gms-in-nhl-history

The Skate jerseys are terrible and without the run in 1994, there would be zero discussion about bringing them back.

The jerseys we went to the final with in 2011 were fantastic.  If they'd won the cup in the blue one, it would have been one of the best looking Championship presentations in league history.  I never minded the arched script.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Thomas Drance isn't some Canucks hater who bashes them to no end and is without valuable insight. He's incredibly smart, analytical, and logical, and he knows his stuff. He sees how this team has been improperly constructed and knows that the idea of squeaking into the playoffs so that "anything can happen" is false hope, and he tells it like it is. 

Sure, that’s fine.  But he’s a huge LOSER LEAF’S puck sucker.  Talk about us, and stop with the LOSER LEAF Dubas puck sucking. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

tony galligher for starting a personal vendetta against pat quinn. he used his column to attack quinn everyday. what a jerk.

Gallagher would have been fine as a financial reporter. But he was lame as a sports reporter. 

Our core as it stands is not good enough to be a contender for several years. We need to do a proper rebuild.

Mikheyev is overpaid, just like Pearson, Myers, and Poolman (which nobody believed at the time they signed).

The Orca is a good logo. :canucks:

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1