The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your unpopular Canuck opinions?

Rate this topic

Coconuts

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sure, that’s fine.  But he’s a huge LOSER LEAF’S puck sucker.  Talk about us, and stop with the LOSER LEAF Dubas puck sucking. 

He also says it like it is with them, so it's not like he's just pumping their tires endlessly with rose coloured glasses on. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Roberto Luongo should have his number up in the rafters.  Share the banner with Kirk MacLean, I don't care - his name belongs up there with his number.

Reason: Capt'n "We Choked" had his number retired and he couldn't even get us to the dance; RL1 got us to the dance and held (holds still?) most of our franchise goaltending records.

Is this unpopular? Luongo is unquestionably the greatest goaltender in Canucks history, and probably a top 5 player for us in general.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Gillis was our most successful GM ever.

Benning was a puck sucker. 

Depleted the team and had one Stanley cup  final..Traded picks for playoff runs.

Teams hurt for years because of Gillis..Gillis was not the most successful ..

Good managers are  hard to find.. 

I would put Sakic, look how he has built Colorado..Sakic how he has built Tampa and now building Detroit..

Those are great managers..

Gillis was very average...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

Linden hired Benning tho, without having known him at all. Rookie move. 

and Benning undermined Linden's authority by buddy buddying up to the Aquaman

Benning was not that bad as a GM, regardless I wanted him fired. 

OEL is overpaid and overrated on these forums.

Myers is underrated but also overrated. Can’t explain this one. If you watch the games you know what I mean :ph34r:

JT Miller would be far more loved if he was drafted by this organization.

This core will win the cup during their window only if Horvat turns into a prime Kesler.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

We have too many retired jerseys for an organization that hasn't won a championship. I wouldn't have retired Naslund or Bure. I understand why Smyl's was retired, he was a bright spot on what had been a rather mediocre history up til that point. 

Yes, I understand the impact Bure and Naslund had on the organization but I still wouldn't have retired them. 

• Like 1