The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your unpopular Canuck opinions?

Rate this topic

Coconuts

1 hour ago, Brad Marchand said:

I like the current goal song.

:ph34r: I like the Blackhawks goal song!  :ph34r:

Spoiler

I actually don't like the Blackhawks, honest!  :lol:

Give me gear, thank you dear, bring yer sister over here...

Let her dance with me, just for tha hell of it!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, AV. said:

3.  Alexandre Burrows is not a good person (shocker, not many in the NHL are) and his legacy as a player for this team should not excuse him for stuff that he's done on and off the ice.

Qualify please? 

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Qualify please? 

1.  Certain comments made toward Patrick O'Sullivan
2.  Certain comments made toward Jordin Tootoo

HM:  Assaulted a 19 year old goalie in summer hockey.

Brilliant player while he was here, and perhaps a great teammate, but, in my own opinion, none of that should override the fact that he said and did things that would not be tolerated here if it was done on another team, let alone in a different workplace.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Timråfan said:

A GM isn't a scout in NHL... They are the front leader of a big company. 

Just because you become a leader, doesn't mean you should forget, what got you there in the first place.

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

1:  Linden was a terrible president but some fans can’t handle that so there’s a whole conspiracy theory about how he wanted to do all the things that would have made us successful and was tragically pushed out.  This in spite of the fact the team made its worst moves of the “rebuild years” with him at the helm.

2:  the skate jersey is overrated

3:  we would love Tkachuk, Dustin Brown or even Marchand if they played for us. We desperately need another (skilled) rat on the roster. 

Yes to 1 and 3.... nope to 2 :)

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, JamesB said:

I am not sure if anyone on CDC thinks that Myers is a legitimate top pairing D-man on ANY team. I guess a few people might think Myers is a good top pairing D, but not many.)

I kind of like Myers.  He plays hard and he is a good player.  But he is not a top-pairing D.  With the right partner he could be a  good 2nd pairing D. The problem is that he is not a good fit with OEL as OEL has to focus too much on covering for Myers.

That is why I like trying OEL with Hughes. Myers might be pretty good playing with Dermott, as Dermott can play the "stay-at-home" role and  we don't lose much in potential offence. 

Interesting.... worth a try.

54 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Just because you become a leader, doesn't mean you should forget, what got you there in the first place.

A pity though that he didn’t have the skillset to learn all the other trades being a GM… Wich means it’s better to hire a damn good, intelligent communicator than a scout for the GM position