The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion]The Most Entertaining Canucks Games of All Time

Rate this topic

BureBurrito

4 hours ago, iinatcc said:

If you go the Wild message board ... there is a huge thread just to trash the Canucks. Like what we have for the Leafs and Oilers here. When Toews scored the tying goal the reaction of that thread was just bizzare. Never realized the Wild fans hated the Canucks so much back then. 

To the Wild-we were their biggest rival, but at that time Minnesota was just another team, to the Canucks.

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

Also this one. Was an unbelievable atmosphere...electric. It just felt special, start to finish. And I was there with my son, which is always awesome. You couldn't have written a better script. To experience this in person was just...magical.

The way the goals were scored at significant clock time numbers, was incredible- and even without that is was a spectacular game.

Alex Edler's play off game in 2009/10 against the Kings.

Likely the best game a Canuck D man has ever had.

Complete domination.

Thought we had a Norris trophy guy, and without his back injury, he would unarguably be the best in franchise history.

Ohlund- and his eye

Edler and his back

Rienhart and his back

Why aren't the Canucks allowed to have great d men stay healthy for their career?

7 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Gm #6 vs the NHL-rigged-Rags in '94, must be the BEST game ever played at the ol' Pac Col...

IMHO its the best Canuck game of all time.  Their backs were against the wall, playing all those Ex Oilers that would pummel the team in the 80s, seemingly having the reffing slanted towards NY,

• Vintage 3

2 memorable games I recall came in their first season (I had seasons tickets).  In their second game ever in the NHL (Oct.11/70) they defeated Toronto 5-3 in the old Pacific Coliseum.  Built up a 5-0 lead before Toronto scored 3 in the 3rd.  The packed crowd went nuts ! Later that season (Feb.16/71) they defeated the talent laden Boston Bruins 5-4 in the Coliseum with Rosaire Paiement scoring 3g & 2a.  Bobby Orr had 1g & 2a  in that game.

Still a big fan today, 52 years later. 

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

I have fond memories of this game. 

I won 50 (YES THAT'S RIGHT!!) tickets, lower bowl...some club seats. I worked in a school for autistic children and took a mom and her teenage twin boys to the game. They were big time fans but we didn't know how it would go (they loved it!).

Also...my daughter, her b/f and his parents (who are from LA). My son and daughter and law, their friends, etc....a whole bunch of us got to go.  My daughter's in laws weren't into hockey, but they were sports fans (mostly basketball). They became Canuck/hockey fans at this game.

It was a blast....we all celebrated each and every goal and it was a great experience all around.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 7/22/2022 at 7:59 AM, Baratheon said:

I always thought this video perfectly captured the feelings of that Burrows goal.  The kid at about 0:46 gets me every time.

I won't retell it, but my personal story of that game was intense (near death even).

When I got home after missing the first part of the first period, I was a mess...a ball of nervous energy. I wasn't aware that my daughter, sitting behind me on the couch, captured the emotional moment on video...pure elation and exhalation at the same time. It was glorious and I'll never forget it. This game will always be so memorable for me...and I almost missed it but someone made sure I didn't!

• Vintage 1

On 7/22/2022 at 11:12 AM, singing chef said:

2 memorable games I recall came in their first season (I had seasons tickets).  In their second game ever in the NHL (Oct.11/70) they defeated Toronto 5-3 in the old Pacific Coliseum.  Built up a 5-0 lead before Toronto scored 3 in the 3rd.  The packed crowd went nuts ! Later that season (Feb.16/71) they defeated the talent laden Boston Bruins 5-4 in the Coliseum with Rosaire Paiement scoring 3g & 2a.  Bobby Orr had 1g & 2a  in that game.

Still a big fan today, 52 years later. 

That Boston game in 70-71 was the game that came to mind for me as well. I was just a kid and only attended three games that year but that was one of them. Paiement scored his hat trick goal with like 47 seconds remaining to get the win and the crowd went nuts. Been a fan ever since.

• Cheers 1

Nice one, I was going to add it but you beat me. this certainly grew the anticipation of things to come.

I will add the Gino penalty shot game. I was at this one and several flames fans were around me, so nice to see Gino score and the Flames lose the game.

• Cheers 2

On 7/22/2022 at 8:23 AM, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

The only game that comes to mind is game 7 v chicago. 

Nothing else compares. 

We were the president's trophy winners, favourites, and had a 3-0 lead in the series. Could you imagine if we ultimately ended up losing?

This game was the definition of nerve-wracking to me especially going into OT.

I would rank that as one of the most the most exciting but probably not the most entertaining. It was too hard to watch them lose a lead in the game and almost lose the series.

On 7/22/2022 at 4:06 PM, HC20.0 said:

I remember vaguely one in December of 2006. The Flames/Canucks traded leads and the Canucks eventually won 6-5 in OT. That was a fun one my 11 year old self enjoyed. 

More recently, I sat second row for a 5-1 blowout of the Coyotes. We played like absolute crap in the 1st period, but then just took the rest of the game by storm. It felt like this was the game Petey broke out of his slump. Also Miller’s end to end was beautiful,

I remember the top one, I was at that one. Canucks were up 2-0 then 4-2, let in 3 goals in the 3rd. Then tied it 5-5 with not much time left, and won in OT on the PP if I remember correctly 

• Cheers 1

On 7/22/2022 at 1:16 PM, iinatcc said:

If you go the Wild message board ... there is a huge thread just to trash the Canucks. Like what we have for the Leafs and Oilers here. When Toews scored the tying goal the reaction of that thread was just bizzare. Never realized the Wild fans hated the Canucks so much back then. 

I honestly never understood that irrational hatred for us. They won the one playoff series if you don’t count the covid play in, I mean are their panties in a knot because of what Bertuzzi said to their fans? Like that was 20 years ago, get over it.