The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Jets re-sign Pierre-Luc Dubois

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

BPA always.  Demko, Hughes, Miller are elite US born players.  Two signed long term deals here, and Miller will too if the offer is fair.  

Always draft, sign, and trade for the best players.  Don’t worry about where they are from.  

If there's an obvious separation b/t the players abilities sure, but if player A from Brandon vs player B from Glendale and its a wash b/t skillset....I know who I'd prefer.

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

If there's an obvious separation b/t the players abilities sure, but if player A from Brandon vs player B from Glendale and its a wash b/t skillset....I know who I'd prefer.

During the draft, TSN was commenting about how it makes sense for the Jets to take Finnish players assuming they're comparable otherwise.  I like that strategy for us with the Swedes as well.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I understand your philosophy, but Usually there is clear separation when considering players who are elite.  And it’s those elite players who can force a team’s hand.  The support/role players are interchangeable parts, who don’t have the kind of importance to winning to make it difficult on teams.  

So, for the elite players, we always go BPA.  Unless, of course, there are clear character flaws.  

• Cheers 1