The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Panthers re-sign Matthew Tkachuk

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Generational talent? Lol.

Lets not get carried away…

That’s quite the statement ya lol 

maybe they mean generational in his skill stack as a player. Not too many top line players with his style of agitator / power game with the offensive touch. 

but still seems like a stretch. 

think it’s a word getting overused and should be reserved for the mcdavids and makars 

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

That’s quite the statement ya lol 

maybe they mean generational in his skill stack as a player. Not too many top line players with his style of agitator / power game with the offensive touch. 

but still seems like a stretch. 

think it’s a word getting overused and should be reserved for the mcdavids and makars 

Yeah. I agree. Tkachuk is a very good player, an excellent player. But he’s not a generational talent like McDavid is or Makar is. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Generational coward.  Biggest disgrace to the sport since Marchand.

He’s a good player without a doubt. You don’t score 100 plus points and not be a good player. Some say that he’s the complete package. A true power forward kind of player (those guys are hard to find - look at the hope that we had for Virtanen for the longest time that he would pan out). 

Marchand might be so hated here in B.C., but he is without a good player as well. 

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

There you go.

Millers not worth 9.5 million.

6 x 8.5 mil is more than fair.

Miller was never worth 9.5. Here or in Florida.  He's not getting that much money.  

7.5mill  6 yrs. He should sign and be happy. 

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

How fast a line is 

Tkachuk-Barkov-Reinhart 

but pretty interesting could be a very strong line 

Will be best line in NHL.  Barkov is a beast. A guy like tkachuk with him will do wonders for his game 

No way Weegar should have been added to this deal, he's going to be a gem for the Flames in their top 4. 40 point RD who really stepped up with Eklbad out, you just know Tanev is going to miss time next year and they get themselves a good replacement. 

Basically Calgary lose around 220 points of production but gain 150 right back in this trade and an average center prospect plus a 1st. 

They surely could have gotten more promising young picks/talent if they wanted to rebuild but this says they want to compete next year and they will.

For me, Tkachuk benefited a lot from Gaudreau and would be an 80pt player without him, whereas Huberdeau ran the show. Tkachuck's 100+ points were nowhere near as hard earned as Huberdeau.

I can see Huberdeau leave next year but Weegar may re-sign. Florida get a bit worse with this trade in the short term, maybe it pays off in the long run for them.

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

They should be laughing!

Weegar would be our 2knd best defense.  Huberdeau could be our best forward (right now)?

I think Calgary walks away happy!

When Hub/Wegar walk in UFA and the pick is #30oa, we'll see who's laughing :lol:

38 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I like Miller.

Huberdeau commands more at the deadline!  And right now?

I believe, unlike many others,  that CGY has put themselves in a difficult situation here.  Don't get me wrong,  they didn't have a lot of options since Tkackphuck essentially pulled a Kessler and screwed them.  But they'll be competitive and in the mix for another division title,  they won't be eager to deal these guys with an expected long PO looming before the TDL.  And if they don't pull the trigger on a trade (these guys would be rentals at that point) they'll be in another Gudreau situation all over again.   

• Cheers 2