The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Panthers re-sign Matthew Tkachuk

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

I'm confused the other thread someone was telling me Miller had a higher trade value than Tkachuk because Miller can play center

Now apparently Miller shouldn't get a bigger extension than Tkachuk 

I am going crazy here :frantic:

Miller will be 30yrs old when he signs a new contact, whilst Tkechup will be 24yrs old.  Huge difference in contracts

right there.  Mind you, if JT were 24yrs right now, he would be re-signed to a similar contract.

30 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I'm confused the other thread someone was telling me Miller had a higher trade value than Tkachuk because Miller can play center

Now apparently Miller shouldn't get a bigger extension than Tkachuk 

I am going crazy here :frantic:

Miller never had higher trade value that’s just dumb.

• Vintage 1

20 hours ago, mll said:

Florida now above the cap by some 3.3M with 22 players.  They don't have a 2nd buyout window so will need to move someone out.  

Just wondering if they could trade for an LTIR contract and use that to give them space? Would Ferlands contract (or one like that) be a way to get compliant?

If I read it correctly Ferland would cost them $2.75M in real dollars but get them $3.5M in LTIR cap space. Is this a possible move for them rather than trading out actual players?

10 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I would laugh so hard if someone like Wilson were to wreck his knee or ring his bell so hard that he thinks his dad is his mom and had to take a couple of seasons off...

...not that I would condone violence on others....  (...much)  :ph34r:

Wilson is a bigger A-hole, both wrecking each other would be nice. 

23 minutes ago, canuckpuckluck1 said:

Just wondering if they could trade for an LTIR contract and use that to give them space? Would Ferlands contract (or one like that) be a way to get compliant?

If I read it correctly Ferland would cost them $2.75M in real dollars but get them $3.5M in LTIR cap space. Is this a possible move for them rather than trading out actual players?

No that wouldn't help them. You only get cap relief for the Ferland contract. So they'd take on Ferland at $3.5m cap hit and then get cap relief of up to $3.5m, which gives them no extra cap space beyond what they currently have now.

I understand Duclair is on LTIR to start the season, so that creates a little bit of temporary cap space but they will actually have to move some contracts on their roster to become compliant for the coming season.

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 5:45 PM, The Lock said:

Well, obviously there's the age difference as already addressed. Tkachuk's also more like a Stone in that he has the scoring and grit, so he does technically provide a more "versatile" game. I do think at least something needed to be added on Florida's part.... just Weegar and everything else seemed excessive to me.

Huberdeau is light years the better skater and will be even 4 yrs from now.  Panthers blew it.

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Huberdeau is light years the better skater and will be even 4 yrs from now.  Panthers blew it.

Huberdough is a selfish puck hog softeroo, who will crumble under the Sutter stink eye in Cowpie. 

Don’t care much for Tkachuk but Weegar was the worst player on the Panthers in the playoffs last year and Huby was invisible as well.  Risky move by Florida but don’t really feel like the current cast was lifting a cup anytime soon.  Bobrovsky’s awful contract limits what they can do.  So they got tougher - which is what they needed.  We will see how it shakes out. 

• Like 1

worst case for Calgary they are in a wildcard spot at the TDL and decide hold on to both JH and MW with out contract extensions to make a playoff push.

miller is the same if we are in the playoffs at the TDL and miller isn’t extended he still has to be traded Nucks can’t afford a Little Jonny blunder.

Nucks would be wise to avoid those  possibilities.

sign or move him before the season. 

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, combover said:

worst case for Calgary they are in a wildcard spot at the TDL and decide hold on to both JH and MW with out contract extensions to make a playoff push.

miller is the same if we are in the playoffs at the TDL and miller isn’t extended he still has to be traded Nucks can’t afford a Little Jonny blunder.

Nucks would be wise to avoid those  possibilities.

sign or move him before the season. 

While I agree with you, there’s no chance Canucks management move Miller at the deadline if we’re in a playoff spot, extension or not.

On 7/23/2022 at 1:15 AM, WHL rocks said:

What a trade. CGY did well. They'll compete for sure next season. 

They have a selke caliber C in Lindholm they have a great D and Huberdeau is a player. 

Great trade. 

Yup Calgary did well. Was hoping we could somehow get Weegar

Me when I saw the return for flames

42FC1F68-B974-441B-BCE5-404362FE7E1B.gif

Edited by arsenalian

7 hours ago, NorthWestNuck said:

While I agree with you, there’s no chance Canucks management move Miller at the deadline if we’re in a playoff spot, extension or not.

so we better have him signed or traded before then. 
managment is on record saying this team can’t afford to let players leave for nothing and they won’t. 
JR not afraid of controversy and making moves.
If he isn’t signed he can’t stay past the deadline. 

i rather not find out and I think the miller distraction will be detrimental to the team.
Signed or traded before puck drop is the  best case 

• Upvote 1