The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2022 - 23

Mike Vanderhoek

On 1/28/2023 at 4:03 PM, Rush17 said:

I would like to surrender the Colorado 2023 4th Round selection in our possession in this trade condition. Mike still has time to reach the quota but I feel its highly unlikely so I would like to forfeit the pick over to TB @Relyt Krets now. (No take backs - all his).

@canuck2xtreme

Pick has been transferred and this trade is completed. Thanks

@Rush17 @Relyt Krets

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 9:48 PM, Gator said:

Maple Leafs Send down F Thomas Bordeleau & F Nathan Smith.

Maple Leafs activate F Sam Carrick from IR.

Maple Leafs call up D Brad Hunt.

@canuck2xtreme

This one confuses me....  Bordeleau and Smith have been in the minors for months?  Carrick is already activated from IR... and I can't recall Hunt for you as there is no roster space.

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Colorado Avalanche have made a trade with the Philadelphia Flyers.

To COL:

spacer.png Mika Zibanejad
spacer.png Anton Blidh

To PHI:

spacer.png Nico Sturm
spacer.png Joel Blomqvist
spacer.png Luca Del Bel Belluz
spacer.png COL 2023 1st Round Draft Selection
spacer.png COL 2024 1st Round Draft Selection

Thanks to @Rush17 for a fun and productive negotiation as always, and Mika for being open to waiving to come to the Rockies! We're beyond stoked to finally add him after pursuing over multiple seasons and managements!

@canuck2xtreme Updated Roster:

Robertson, Zibanejad, Guentzel

Huberdeau, Pavelski, Nichushkin

Bennett, Backlund, Jarvis

Martinook, McBain, Smith

McLaughlin

• Like 2

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

This one confuses me....  Bordeleau and Smith have been in the minors for months?  Carrick is already activated from IR... and I can't recall Hunt for you as there is no roster space.

My personal sheet must be way behind LOL.. I'll take a look and let you know

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Some of you may know, but I feel like sharing today. Since I left the Rangers, I have addressed some mental health challenges and gotten a LOT of help and support from Veterans Affairs Canada. I had been talking to them since 2018, but the last 18 months things really stepped up and moved along a lot. I am now looked after for life, and "if" i make it to age 85, i will see 4.3 million, presuming an average of 2% cost of living increases between now and then, but i am indexed to inflation which is a  real good thing. THe more important thing is the mental health supports: i get unlimited psychological visits for life, and millage to and from them and currently 90 grams of medical grade marijuana a month for as long as my medical team think they will help me with the the nightmares and pain levels. 

Win win win. Overall, a part of that urge to reach out and get more better help came on the heals of leaving GML. 

I can't let myself get bogged down with the all the regrets of relationships past, but I am closer to saving my marriage than anytime since 2016, upgraded to an acre of land in my family's two generations of "hometown" area, and I have no real obligations to deal with. Post Concussion issues, PTSD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Major Depression Disorder are a lot to deal with day to day, but I feel I am on the upside again, and wanted to share all this firstly to thank you guys for having me back in the league, but also for anyone out there suffering: this is the worst time of year for depression and I wanted to share this link in a more permanent setting than Discord.  Give it a watch, if you don't suffer depression, the odds are someone you know does. The love you take is equal to the love you make. Pass it on. 

the best part for me is that looking back around 2017/18 I experienced suicidal ideation pretty much on a weekly basis. Happy to report this past year, less than 6 total. it does get better and everyone needs to know that it can and will get better, but it takes time and effort and help. It is the Bell Let's Talk time of year, and I hope this may help someone near to you, or maybe you, whoever is reading this. Reach out to family, friends, the nursing line or your health team. Mental Health is mens health. We all need a checkup now and again and there is no shame in it. Pass it on.

I know all about the black dog. 

I wrote a poem about him in the creative writing thread if you want to check it out. 

I have had a lot of serious concussions myself and am now starting to pay a heavy price. 

I am very glad to hear you have turned a corner PO. 

The only thing that matters in this life is that the people you care about are happy and healthy.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Some of you may know, but I feel like sharing today. Since I left the Rangers, I have addressed some mental health challenges and gotten a LOT of help and support from Veterans Affairs Canada. I had been talking to them since 2018, but the last 18 months things really stepped up and moved along a lot. I am now looked after for life, and "if" i make it to age 85, i will see 4.3 million, presuming an average of 2% cost of living increases between now and then, but i am indexed to inflation which is a  real good thing. THe more important thing is the mental health supports: i get unlimited psychological visits for life, and millage to and from them and currently 90 grams of medical grade marijuana a month for as long as my medical team think they will help me with the the nightmares and pain levels. 

Win win win. Overall, a part of that urge to reach out and get more better help came on the heals of leaving GML. 

I can't let myself get bogged down with the all the regrets of relationships past, but I am closer to saving my marriage than anytime since 2016, upgraded to an acre of land in my family's two generations of "hometown" area, and I have no real obligations to deal with. Post Concussion issues, PTSD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Major Depression Disorder are a lot to deal with day to day, but I feel I am on the upside again, and wanted to share all this firstly to thank you guys for having me back in the league, but also for anyone out there suffering: this is the worst time of year for depression and I wanted to share this link in a more permanent setting than Discord.  Give it a watch, if you don't suffer depression, the odds are someone you know does. The love you take is equal to the love you make. Pass it on. 

the best part for me is that looking back around 2017/18 I experienced suicidal ideation pretty much on a weekly basis. Happy to report this past year, less than 6 total. it does get better and everyone needs to know that it can and will get better, but it takes time and effort and help. It is the Bell Let's Talk time of year, and I hope this may help someone near to you, or maybe you, whoever is reading this. Reach out to family, friends, the nursing line or your health team. Mental Health is mens health. We all need a checkup now and again and there is no shame in it. Pass it on.

Thank you so much for sharing Primal. I have suffered and things have changed for the positive for the most part. It can start out really bad, you start feeling better but it rollercoasters. The point is it takes a ton of work and reaching out for help. This message gives me great joy and hope. Thank you, we are not alone.

Also thank you @Ilunga for our chats over the past year. Life is full of challenges but it’s beautiful when you reach the other side if for a  day sometimes.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

6 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

Can we make a trade? I need a dman. 

:bigblush:

Ready to laugh and be a piece shit with me? 

I’ll lead the way, if you’ll follow. 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

19 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Can we make a trade? I need a dman. 

:bigblush:

Ready to laugh and be a piece shit with me? 

I’ll lead the way, if you’ll follow. 

You have a hard shell but underneath you are just like a marshmallow.

All soft and goey.....with a big heart.