The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2022 - 23

Mike Vanderhoek

On 4/4/2023 at 10:41 PM, Canuck Surfer said:

A) Has this been consolidated?  For @Gator's benefit, decided without getting overly excited about beach bums.

Propose specified dates versus within 24 hours last pick.  I'm off travelling and its much easier to manage than have several turns jump in a day.  If necessary 2 picks per day. It also helps due to always having a time difference, and in my case it will be rotating. It has worked really well in other league's, except for @Primal Optimist who is always anxious for his turn...  :lol:

I wonder if it would work well if we did a hybrid.  So a specific date for teams so they have a heads up well in advance (2 teams per day as you suggest), but say the teams from one day have both already chosen and team X is up first tomorrow, team X could select immediately if they would like, and so on.  That way teams can draft faster if they'd like, but a team wouldn't miss unless their assigned day passes?

Downside to that is we could get it moving decently and then it could stall for days waiting for someone's day. But it's not like we don't have 2 months to get it done anyways.

Thoughts everyone?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

home ice advantage vs the Vegas Golden Knights if everything stays the same for another week...

I think home ice advantage should get a points handicap to give the true "home ice adantage" feel to the fantasy format. Nothing big, maybe like 10-25pts.

Nashville with 2 HUGE games upcoming against the Jets and Flames. If they win both I likely get Josi in the playoffs for atleast 1 round!

Flames would give me Kadri, and Jets will give me no1? lol... So... Jets will probably get in :lol:

With the playoffs quickly approaching and the off-season not too far behind Maple Leafs GM Gator is busy preparing a gameplan to help improve the squad for next season and beyond. Here is a look at some key things GM Gator has to figure out heading into a crucial off-season for this Maple Leafs squad.

ROMAN JOSI PENDING UFA

The biggest question heading into the offseason is what will be done with Roman Josi. It is believed Roman Josi's rights will be shopped for best pick offered. I just don't see a scenerio where they get him signed, but we heard they will atleast make an attempt to resign him. It would be kind of embarrassing to not lock him up after paying such a hefty price for him in the off-season and only get 1 year out of him. To make matters worse is he may not provide any playoff production unless the Predators can go on a run over the next 4 games and make the playoffs.

To keep him aboard they will likely need to trade Darnell Nurse, but I think Gator will shy away from that as Nurse is signed to a team friendly deal for the next several years. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

OTHER PENDING UFA DECISIONS

Outside of Roman Josi, Toronto still has a few other pending UFA's coming up that they'll need to make a decision on. Forwards Andreas Johnsson, Devin Shore, and Jimmy Vesey will all be UFA's, along with defenceman Colin Miller, and goaltender Semyon Varlamov.

Inner sources say it is believed they will let Andreas Johnson & Devin Shore walk, and they believe they will try and retain both Jimmy Vesey & Colin Miller. They also believe they will try and keep Varlamov aboard, but he would need to accept a pay cut as his #1 days are numbered.

PLAYERS BELIEVED TO BE SHOPPED

There are rumoured to be a few players hitting the trade block for the Maple Leafs this offseason. The biggest name being F Nazem Kadri. We hear the Maple Leafs have asked him to waive his NMC prior to the TDL to which Kadri refused to do so. With the NMC ending after the conclusion of this season we believe he will be shopped around, and likely moved before the 2023 draft begins. 

Other players believed to be shopped include Roman Josi (rights) & Zemgus Girgensons. Both likely to only get mid-late picks in the upcoming draft, but will atleast give the Leafs a couple more bullets in this deep 2023 draft.

LOOKING AHEAD TO THE 23-24 SEASON

Looking ahead to the 2023-24 season if they let Josi walk, trade both Kadri & Girgensons the team will look like so...

Screenshot_20230407_070535_Sheets.jpg.1b43fde82f8ff270163a946114dd38d9.jpg

Assuming they resign both Vesey & Miller, they will still have a few holes to fill in the offseason. 2 top 6 wingers, 2 3rd line wingers, and a backup goalie. There is a very good core here in Toronto, but this is a lot of holes to fill in such a short time. It will be interesting to see how GM Gator fills out this roster going into next year. He has said for the last few years that this upcoming year will be the one we start seeing real results. Was he just blowing smoke, or is he about to light a fire? Excited to find out!

• Vintage 1

Buddy of mine showed me this scene and I laughed my ass off and couldn't wait to see the full movie. I thought it was going to be the funniest movie ever. It was a good movie, but the hype this scene gave me, I was kind of disappointed in the rest lol

1 hour ago, Gator said:

Buddy of mine showed me this scene and I laughed my ass off and couldn't wait to see the full movie. I thought it was going to be the funniest movie ever. It was a good movie, but the hype this scene gave me, I was kind of disappointed in the rest lol

It was good. So was Beerfest. 

Sequel to ST was ‘ok’. 

On 4/6/2023 at 8:09 AM, canuck2xtreme said:

I wonder if it would work well if we did a hybrid.  So a specific date for teams so they have a heads up well in advance (2 teams per day as you suggest), but say the teams from one day have both already chosen and team X is up first tomorrow, team X could select immediately if they would like, and so on.  That way teams can draft faster if they'd like, but a team wouldn't miss unless their assigned day passes?

Downside to that is we could get it moving decently and then it could stall for days waiting for someone's day. But it's not like we don't have 2 months to get it done anyways.

Thoughts everyone?

Just pm me the day before once it's settled lol

CDCGML Playoffs Round 1
(Projected Matchups)

Western Conference
W2. spacer.png St. Louis vs C1. spacer.png Winnipeg
C3. spacer.png Nashville vs C2. spacer.png Colorado

W1. spacer.png Arizona vs P1. spacer.png Edmonton
P3. spacer.png Vegas vs P2. spacer.png Seattle

Eastern Conference

W2. spacer.png Ottawa vs A1. spacer.png Tampa Bay
A3. spacer.png Toronto vs A2. spacer.png Buffalo

W1. spacer.png Boston vs M1. spacer.png Washington
M3. spacer.png Pittsburgh vs M2. spacer.png New Jersey

Looks like this is how the playoffs will sort out, unless Boston can catch Toronto for that third Atlantic Division playoff slot!  The rest of the series appear to be set!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • There it is 1

12 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

CDCGML Playoffs Round 1
(Projected Matchups)

Western Conference
W2. spacer.png St. Louis vs C1. spacer.png Winnipeg
C3. spacer.png Nashville vs C2. spacer.png Colorado

W1. spacer.png Arizona vs P1. spacer.png Edmonton
P3. spacer.png Vegas vs P2. spacer.png Seattle

Eastern Conference

W2. spacer.png Ottawa vs A1. spacer.png Tampa Bay
A3. spacer.png Toronto vs A2. spacer.png Buffalo

W1. spacer.png Boston vs M1. spacer.png Washington
M3. spacer.png Pittsburgh vs M2. spacer.png New Jersey

Looks like this is how the playoffs will sort out, unless Boston can catch Toronto for that third Atlantic Division playoff slot!  The rest of the series appear to be set!

image.gif.fb577381283fd897aab60e89992102bf.gif

• Cheers 1

Dispersal Draft Details

With the league wide vote at a decisive 18-0 in favour of running the Dispersal Draft, the league will be conducting the Dispersal Draft upon the conclusion of the regular season.  Each team will get to select twice during this Dispersal draft.  The draft will run in reverse standings order, and then repeat the same order for the second round.  All assets from the Anaheim Ducks and New York Islanders will be available to be selected. 

You can view the Dispersal Draft Page here.

The Dispersal Draft will begin on Sunday April 16th. 

- A new thread will be created for this draft, just as with the Entry Draft. 

- We will schedule 2 teams per day to make their selection so teams will have a heads up about roughly when their turn will be up.  GMs will still be tagged in the thread.
NOTE: If both teams scheduled for a day have made their selections in their turns and your team is next, you are permitted to select immediately, but no team will be considered to have missed their pick until their assigned day has passed.

- Teams are permitted to pass on their chance to select a player by posting 'pass' in the Dispersal Draft thread when it is their turn.

- There will be NO make up picks if a team misses their assigned day.

- No trading of Dispersal draft selection order is permitted. Teams may select a player and trade them after the fact if they desire, but there will be no trades to effect the order of selection.
- When selecting a player, your team inherits the players current GML contract, including clauses.

- Pending UFA/RFAs are eligible to be selected.  All pending UFAs will be open to the idea of an extension, but as always, contract terms, money and fit with the team (especially fit) must make sense.  There is an element of risk with selecting a pending UFA, as there is no guarantee that they will sign an extension.

- Any players who are still left after 2 rounds will be released to Unrestricted Free Agency.
- Any players selected in the Dispersal draft are ineligible for the 2023 Playoffs.
- Any 2023 Entry Draft selections are also available to be selected.
- For the 2024 Entry Draft, only the Anaheim 2nd round draft selection is be effected.  That selection will be placed in the very middle of the 2nd round for the team that holds that draft selection.

Please let me know if you have any questions asap! Thank you.

Edited by canuck2xtreme
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Dispersal Draft Details

With the league wide vote at a decisive 18-0 in favour of running the Dispersal Draft, the league will be conducting the Dispersal Draft upon the conclusion of the regular season.  Each team will get to select twice during this Dispersal draft.  The draft will run in reverse standings order, and then repeat the same order for the second round.  All assets from the Anaheim Ducks and New York Islanders will be available to be selected. 

You can view the Dispersal Draft Page here.

The Dispersal Draft will begin on Sunday April 16th. 

- A new thread will be created for this draft, just as with the Entry Draft. 

- We will schedule 2 teams per day to make their selection so teams will have a heads up about roughly when their turn will be up.  GMs will still be tagged in the thread.
NOTE: If both teams scheduled for a day have made their selections in their turns and your team is next, you are permitted to select immediately, but no team will be considered to have missed their pick until their assigned day has passed.

- Teams are permitted to pass on their chance to select a player by posting 'pass' in the Dispersal Draft thread when it is their turn.

- There will be NO make up picks if a team misses their assigned day.

- No trading of Dispersal draft selection order is permitted. Teams may select a player and trade them after the fact if they desire, but there will be no trades to effect the order of selection.
- When selecting a player, your team inherits the players current GML contract, including clauses.

- Pending UFA/RFAs are eligible to be selected.  All pending UFAs will be open to the idea of an extension, but as always, contract terms, money and fit with the team (especially fit) must make sense.  There is an element of risk with selecting a pending UFA, as there is no guarantee that they will sign an extension.

- Any players who are still left after 2 rounds will be released to Unrestricted Free Agency.
- Any players selected in the Dispersal draft are ineligible for the 2023 Playoffs.
- Any 2023 Entry Draft selections are also available to be selected.
- For the 2024 Entry Draft, only the Anaheim 2nd round draft selection is be effected.  That selection will be placed in the very middle of the 2nd round for the team that holds that draft selection.

Please let me know if you have any questions asap! Thank you.

There was a vote? 

There was a page?? 

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Cheers 1