The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

January 16th

Rate this topic

BlastPast

Looking at Pettersson's game logs, it appears he somewhat "got his $&!# together" on January 16. These are the roster stats for the period (season start - January 15) and (January 16 - season end). Come to your own conclusions. The top is the former and bottom is the latter.

oct-jan.stats.PNG

jan-may.stats.PNG

Edited by BlastPast

This was not intended to become a Green-bashing thread. There have been many keystrokes spent discussing the effects of Boudreau. This is more about what the team is when Pettersson is fully functional. The forward group has improved compared to last season, but the defense remains largely unchanged. 

1 hour ago, Petey_BOI said:

it seems, that over half the team turned it around from this point, was it the player or bruce?

For sure it was Bruce, Travis was over complicating things instead of simplifying which made a huge difference instead of your star player yelling "we don't know what we're doing" in a practice and even worse on the ice where out of position was normal and we took penalty after penalty that lost us games or almost lost us games hadn't it not been for Demko. 

I think any NHL coach could have walked in and kept everything simple until we got better at it but maybe not as much as B.B. but would have brought success to some degree.

BUT going in 2 very long winning streaks proved we were close and just needed upgrades which we got and can get more of, and if we can't afford to keep certain players until the cap goes up then we can trade for picks/prospects but I'm reminded how weird it is to say all this when the farm had a "closed for renovations" sign on the door. 

And still time to do something this off-season if someone good comes along. 

And this is without trading JT or.. a possible one next year if Kuz breaks out but we can't afford to pay Bo what he'll need and if that happened we would get a good return on him too. 

Nice to have have options for a change..

32 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

This was not intended to become a Green-bashing thread. There have been many keystrokes spent discussing the effects of Boudreau. This is more about what the team is when Pettersson is fully functional. The forward group has improved compared to last season, but the defense remains largely unchanged. 

It doesn't have to be changed that much IF the team D is as it should be and I see that happening with the new additions and the roster have that in their game and now all we need is more depth but that will come. 

I bet Demko is breathing a bit easier these days, but as we go along our overall D game won't need to lean on Demko or the D corps anywhere near like the last few years.

We still have a glitch or 2 to work out but I think JR can pull it off.