The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kadri Watch: 'Rumblings' Islanders have made a push for Nazem

Nazem Kadri is an offensive two-way center, with some muscle and some meanness, who has surprisingly not yet selected his next destination as an unrestricted free agent.

At least we think he hasn’t, unless Islanders general manager Lou Lamoriello has some sort of official document with Kadri’s John Hancock on the dotted line locked safely in a desk drawer, away from prying eyes. As he is wont to do...

...In fact, it was while Kadri was still with the Maple Leafs that he signed his just-expired contract — a six-year, $27 million deal on April 13, 2016, when Lamoriello was at the helm as Toronto’s general manager...

...One league source told The Athletic via text message Friday that he had “heard rumblings” that the Islanders were making a push for Kadri.

“It does make some sense,” he added.

Yes, it does, as Lamoriello has indicated enough times in recent months that he’s open to making moves, particularly with the underperforming group up front.

https://theathletic.com/3444324/2022/07/23/nazem-kadri-islanders/

Aside from the Avs, Kadri has also been linked to such teams as the New York Islanders, Seattle Kraken, Ottawa Senators and Anaheim Ducks, among others

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/jul-2022/kadri-continues-to-weigh-his-options#.YtA_5I0b9-w.twitter

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I had some rumblings and made a push for Nazem this morning. 

poop GIF

Looks like he’s owning you, hammer.

Guess he was telling the truth in his post cup presser when he said the doubters could kiss his a$$. You should try a laxative and get your bowels back from him.

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Tkachuk would have been a good fit with barzal but probably couldn’t out do the Florida package 

There's no doubt Chuck isn't a damn good player, but he's scum. Period. 

You want 'em, take 'em. 

Kadri signing with the Islanders probably is the worse case scenario for the Canucks, unless Colorado is looking to replace Kadri’s production. I’m not sure how much the Avs are willing to part on their championship roster, though, for a Miller trade. 

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Kadri signing with the Islanders probably is the worse case scenario for the Canucks, unless Colorado is looking to replace Kadri’s production. I’m not sure how much the Avs are willing to part on their championship roster, though, for a Miller trade. 

trade partner for Miller is dwindling down to the last few.. at this point i doubt anything will happen with Miller or anyone on the roster for that matter.. anyone that thinks moving myers for klingsberg is a good idea u clearly haven't watch klingsberg defensively the last couple season lol.. Myer prolly moved only if a Miller or Garland or whomever trade brings back a top 4 rhd.. the options for RHD in ufa are terrible.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Seems like every other day he is returning to the Avs or going to the Island. 
Will believe it when I see it. 

It’s strange such a high profile UFA isn’t signed yet.  I wonder what the holdup is?  Going to be interesting when he does sign to see the total dollars.  I think that will be a good comparison for Miller.