The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kadri Watch: 'Rumblings' Islanders have made a push for Nazem

Col is actually a great trading partner. Have capspace now. Lots coming off the books next year (do have to sign Mackinnon and Byram but should be able to sign all three)

As for return they have a big RD prospect and I heard nucks and avs might have talked a package around newhook

Jt miller for newhook+ Drew Helleson+ 2023 1st+ 2025 2nd 

then send 2025 2nd to Arizona with Tyler myers to gain 6 mil cap 

Sign klinberg to a 1 year contract 7.5 mil 

Sign subban for 3 mil

Send Dickinson and poolman down to ahl 

Mikheyev pettersson Podkolzin

Kuzmenko Horvat Boeser

Newhook Lazar Garland 

Pearson Joshua hoglander

Lockwood 

Hughes OEL

Dermott Klinberg 

Rathbone Subban 

Schenn

Demko 

Martin

• Like 1

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Kadri signing with the Islanders probably is the worse case scenario for the Canucks, unless Colorado is looking to replace Kadri’s production. I’m not sure how much the Avs are willing to part on their championship roster, though, for a Miller trade. 

they don't need to do anything, maybe, until the TDL even without Naseum. Certainly not anything like giving us Byram.

9 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Col is actually a great trading partner. Have capspace now. Lots coming off the books next year (do have to sign Mackinnon and Byram but should be able to sign all three)

As for return they have a big RD prospect and I heard nucks and avs might have talked a package around newhook

Sign subban for 3 mil

Kuzmenko Horvat Boeser

Newhook Lazar Garland 

Pearson Joshua hoglander

Lockwood 

Hughes OEL

Dermott Klinberg 

Rathbone Subban 

Schenn

Demko 

Martin

This is exactly what we should do.

Get ‘er done JR! :frantic:

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s strange such a high profile UFA isn’t signed yet.  I wonder what the holdup is?  Going to be interesting when he does sign to see the total dollars.  I think that will be a good comparison for Miller.  

competative teams needing to clearing cap. Naseum wants big money, and probably gets it from a desperate GM. 

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It’s strange such a high profile UFA isn’t signed yet.  I wonder what the holdup is?  Going to be interesting when he does sign to see the total dollars.  I think that will be a good comparison for Miller.  

He wants money, a championship calibre team and location.  Oh and he has been very clear he wants to get paid. 
‘Basically an impossible situation so seems to be left waiting for someone to clear cap and as we have seen this off-season, clearing cap is hard. 
oh, and he really, really wants to get paid but didn’t notice the flat cap. 
‘Good player but forgets he is an elite second line centre, not a number one, with a propensity for getting injured or suspended at critical moments. 

50 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Sign subban for 3 mil

Kuzmenko Horvat Boeser

Newhook Lazar Garland 

Pearson Joshua hoglander

Lockwood 

Hughes OEL

Dermott Klinberg 

Rathbone Subban 

Schenn

Demko 

Martin

Helleson is on the Ducks

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Sign subban for 3 mil

Kuzmenko Horvat Boeser

Newhook Lazar Garland 

Pearson Joshua hoglander

Lockwood 

Hughes OEL

Dermott Klinberg 

Rathbone Subban 

Schenn

Demko 

Martin

What have you seen/learned this off-season that makes you think that kind of return is even close to realistic?   

• Cheers 1

If the Flames are really wanting to go for it, I could see them making a push for Kadri too. 7 x 7. Granted they need to plan their moves in hopes to re-sign Hubby and Weegar. However, they currently have over 9 mil in cap season. Lucic and Monahan's contracts will be coming off their payroll to start the 23/24 season. That will be an extra 11.6 million to play with. That is 21.9 million to allot for these three.

Kadri 7 x 7

Hubby 8 x 9.5 

Weegar 8x 6 

totals 22.5 so they would need to clear some cap in other players like Valimaki or Kyllington 

*This would make things tight for them but if they are going for it over these next few years, Kadri would be a great add, push Backlund to 3rd line C where he is more suited and Kadri as their 2C would make them a very dangerous team. Not sure COL or the Isles could offer him more money and term at this point. 

Edited by KirkSave

15 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Classic Canuck luck that two logical destinations for Miller are stuck behind Nazem stupid Kadri taking his sweet time finding a landing spot.

Maybe we are going to extend Miller and both sides are waiting to see what Kadri signs for?   Maybe once Miller sees the Kadri contract (and it’s only 4-5 years and 7-8 mil per) Miller will understand where his value truly is and work around the six year term JR is currently offering?  Maybe we see a Miller deal that is 6 years x 7.5-8?  

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe we are going to extend Miller and both sides are waiting to see what Kadri signs for?   Maybe once Miller sees the Kadri contract (and it’s only 4-5 years and 7-8 mil per) Miller will understand where his value truly is and work around the six year term JR is currently offering?  Maybe we see a Miller deal that is 6 years x 7.5-8?  

Dallas has 2 big RFAs to sign first. So does NYI (although their players have no real leverage but might drag it out to camp). Colorado doesn't really need him. 

Unless dumb dumb wants to go to Calgary this could take a while. 

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That’s true - be it trade or re-sign it makes sense that Kadri is holding it up. Ah well.

• Cheers 1

Does Kadri make any sense for the Islanders ? I mean Islanders are pretty deep on C with Barzal and Nelson as their top two centers. Islanders are in dire need of an elite goal scoring winger for their top 6.

From my perspective it's unlikely that Islanders are going after Kadri. Latest speculation on the Island is Vladimir Tarasenko from the St. Louis blues.

What about other options for the New York Islanders?

Stefen Rosen of NYI Hockey NOW: Just because it did not work in 2021 does not mean it could work in 2022. That is correct. Vladimir Tarasenko trade rumors have resurfaced once more. Could Lou Lamoriello take a second kick at the can?

It’s a great question. There looks to be some renewed movement here. No one knows what that means. St. Louis does have cap space issues and Tarasenko has one more year of that $7.5 million deal.

Jordan Kyrou and Ryan O’Reilly need contract extensions eventually so there is that to consider also. Robert Thomasrecently inked an eight year deal worth $8 million AAV. So, Doug Armstrong has some things to ponder.

1 hour ago, AC Readership said:

Helleson is on the Ducks

That does make the trade harder to do, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

Very true. May I be so bold as to say; I'm pretty sure our head coach thinks the world of JT. Think it worth mentioning.

Maybe, but the Gm and J.R. don't really care about BB's likes or they would have signed him to a new contract.