The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kadri Watch: 'Rumblings' Islanders have made a push for Nazem

3 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Col is actually a great trading partner. Have capspace now. Lots coming off the books next year (do have to sign Mackinnon and Byram but should be able to sign all three)

As for return they have a big RD prospect and I heard nucks and avs might have talked a package around newhook

Jt miller for newhook+ Drew Helleson+ 2023 1st+ 2025 2nd 

then send 2025 2nd to Arizona with Tyler myers to gain 6 mil cap 

Sign klinberg to a 1 year contract 7.5 mil 

Sign subban for 3 mil

Send Dickinson and poolman down to ahl 

Mikheyev pettersson Podkolzin

Kuzmenko Horvat Boeser

Newhook Lazar Garland 

Pearson Joshua hoglander

Lockwood 

Hughes OEL

Dermott Klinberg 

Rathbone Subban 

Schenn

Demko 

Martin

Love the trade and you had me until Klingberg. We in no way need a more offensive, less physical Myers, with even more term and cap tied up, when Myers is expiring in two short years. Same for Subban.

I'd. FAR rather use our 2nd rounder to offer sheet Hague and move Hughes to the right.

OEL, Hughes

Hague, Myers

Rathbone, Schenn/Dermott

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

they don't need to do anything, maybe, until the TDL even without Naseum. Certainly not anything like giving us Byram.

They’ll want to repeat of course. So they’ll want to do everything in their power to be able to do that. 

30 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Miller to Colorado makes a lot of sense if they can’t bring back Kadri.  

It’s also scary - I see Colorado as a lot more beatable without Kadri.  Whereas Miller is an upgrade.  

Newhook and a 1st+ would be an acceptable return and profit on the late 1st and 3rd we gave up for Miller.  

So many options out there. 

Many options out there? Really? It feels to me like the options are running out. But maybe that’s just me. Teams like the Rangers, Islanders, Jersey, Washington seem to be out on Miller. I mean, nothing officially reported, but just my sense of the landscape for Miller. But it’s still the Summer, so there’s lots of time still. Curious to see how all this unfolds. 

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Many options out there? Really? It feels to me like the options are running out. But maybe that’s just me. Teams like the Rangers, Islanders, Jersey, Washington seem to be out on Miller. I mean, nothing officially reported, but just my sense of the landscape for Miller. But it’s still the Summer, so there’s lots of time still. Curious to see how all this unfolds. 

I just mean when you think about it, there’s plenty of teams that could use Miller.  Looks great on multiple teams and at a 5 mil cap hit you can likely make that work from a money in / money out standpoint. 

From what I can ascertain, nobody was really “in” on Miller which means either the asking price is too high and/or they want to re-sign him. That doesn’t mean he isn’t a great fit with a bunch of clubs - it just means something needs to move. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Col is actually a great trading partner. Have capspace now. Lots coming off the books next year (do have to sign Mackinnon and Byram but should be able to sign all three)

As for return they have a big RD prospect and I heard nucks and avs might have talked a package around newhook

Sign subban for 3 mil

Kuzmenko Horvat Boeser

Newhook Lazar Garland 

Pearson Joshua hoglander

Lockwood 

Hughes OEL

Dermott Klinberg 

Rathbone Subban 

Schenn

Demko 

Martin

Could be wrong, but I think Helleson was a part of that Manson deal with the Ducks. 

3 hours ago, KirkSave said:

If the Flames are really wanting to go for it, I could see them making a push for Kadri too. 7 x 7. Granted they need to plan their moves in hopes to re-sign Hubby and Weegar. However, they currently have over 9 mil in cap season. Lucic and Monahan's contracts will be coming off their payroll to start the 23/24 season. That will be an extra 11.6 million to play with. That is 21.9 million to allot for these three.

Kadri 7 x 7

Hubby 8 x 9.5 

Weegar 8x 6 

totals 22.5 so they would need to clear some cap in other players like Valimaki or Kyllington 

*This would make things tight for them but if they are going for it over these next few years, Kadri would be a great add, push Backlund to 3rd line C where he is more suited and Kadri as their 2C would make them a very dangerous team. Not sure COL or the Isles could offer him more money and term at this point. 

Mangiapane is the big one who needs a contract.  His hearing is set for two weeks from now (August 5th).  

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him end up with a 4.5 mil/year contract as he did score 35 goals last year. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

They’ll want to repeat of course. So they’ll want to do everything in their power to be able to do that. 

maybe at the TDL? but they are strong enough now to still lead the west even without Kadri. 

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

maybe at the TDL? but they are strong enough now to still lead the west even without Kadri. 

Nope.  The Cowpies will miss the playoffs.  Huberdough is a softeroo.  Sutter will make him cry.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, D-Money said:

$4.5 million? That's it? That's what 20-goal scorers are getting (Marchment, Olofsson, Mikheyev).

He just scored more goals than Boeser ever has. It's more goals than Laine has scored since 2017-18. Josh Norris scored 35 last year too, and he just got almost $8M. I suspect Mangiapane's deal will be at least $6M.

I was being very conservative, he could very well be awarded more.  In fact I hope he gets awarded 7 mil and it leaves Calgary scrambling.  It would be the icing on the cake for their off-season. 

5 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Sign subban for 3 mil

Kuzmenko Horvat Boeser

Newhook Lazar Garland 

Pearson Joshua hoglander

Lockwood 

Hughes OEL

Dermott Klinberg 

Rathbone Subban 

Schenn

Demko 

Martin

You're on to something.  

I think COL at is a huge possibility at tdl. 

If they don't re sign Kadri this will make a lot of sense for them. They want to repeat. Miller gets them there if no Kadri.

Not sure we get that much in return but col would be a very realistic trade partner at tdl if they don't have Kadri. 

Edited by WHL rocks

I don’t think Kadri was everything to the Avalanche that it seems,  they did well enough with out him..  and I think they stay put.

That “strength” to his position dosent necessarily have to be replaced ..  other players will have that opportunity to step up.…and I don’t think trading those assets for a pending UFA is worth it.

TDL , will be another story,  and another thread..  but I think by that time, we will again realize what Miller is to this team.

I think he signs by Christmas.

Seems to be the swing in contracts negotiations is going to the RFA ‘s now.

Thats because the younger ones are showing their true value at 21- 25 years.

Unfortunatley , with the slow rising cap,  and the “declining age” argument, most UFA’s will not be getting that great career ending contract..   so home will be where the heart is.

I think Room will be made for JT .

Most here overvalue what Miller is worth elsewhere, .  That’s because in general, they see what he is truly worth to the organization here.

100 points ,  … that’s 200 points shared with other sticks,   he is not the back door, go to, trigger shot , breakaway king..   

he is selfless in his play making, endless with his hard work.

He looks after himself , is in great shape.

He is built like bull.

personally,  I’d like to see him start this season wth Miki, and Podz,.  Let his ethic roll with there hard work.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Nope.  The Cowpies will miss the playoffs.  Huberdough is a softeroo.  Sutter will make him cry.  

sorry I meant COL doesn't really need Kadri to be a strong club, 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Patience my friend. 

Did anyone see CBJ signing Johnny?

Did anyone know the leagues 2nd leading scorer was available?  

Did anyone know Tkackphuck liked the beach that much?

Anything can happen. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

$4.5 million? That's it? That's what 20-goal scorers are getting (Marchment, Olofsson, Mikheyev).

He just scored more goals than Boeser ever has. It's more goals than Laine has scored since 2017-18. Josh Norris scored 35 last year too, and he just got almost $8M. I suspect Mangiapane's deal will be at least $6M.

Yeah and Cheechoo scored 50+ goals once. You gotta be careful breaking the bank for guys that potentially way overplayed their normal status. He's a great middle 6 guy. But would you really pay him as a 30 goal guy? If he gets 6m they may regret that as early as next season.

With that said, he was absolutely phenomenal last season. 25 goals even strength? That's insane production. With 15 and 17 even strength goals the two seasons prior respectively. Doing that kind of damage with roughly 13-15 minutes of ice time a game? He's a hard man to gauge value wise. Goal scoring he provides more than most with little time to work with. 2 shorthanded goals and a shorthanded assist last season. Sounds like he's sound on the PK. If nothing else at least a threat to score shorthanded. He should definitely be asking for at least 5m per. Given what Mikheyev got. Closer to 5.5m per. But I don't think he should be getting 6m per. If he drops back to his mid to high teens production you have a problem, and the odds of him scoring in the mid to high teens is way higher than him being a regular 30 goal guy. In my humble opinion.