The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kadri Watch: 'Rumblings' Islanders have made a push for Nazem

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I'd give em the Chabot deal, sorta. 8mil on 7 years.

Yeah, its still only 2023 1st, 2nd, and 3rd; lol.

The full compensation scale for 2022 offer sheets is as follows: 

2021 OFFER SHEET

2022 OFFER SHEET

DRAFT CHOICE(S)

$1,356,540 or below

$1,386,490 or below

None

Over $1,356,540 to $2,055,364

Over $1,386,490 to $2,100,742

Third-round pick

Over $2,055,364 to $4,110,732

Over $2,100,742 to $4,201,488

Second-round pick

Over $4,110,732 to $6,166,096

Over $4,201,488 to $6,302,230

First-round pick

Third-round pick

Over $6,166,096 to $8,221,463

Over $6,302,230 to $8,402,975

First-round pick

Second-round pick

Third-round pick

Over $8,221,463 to $10,276,829

Over $8,402,975 to $10,503,720

2 First-round picks
Second-round pick
Third-round pick

Over $10,276,829

Over $10,503,720

4 First-round picks

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Trade Myers and Garland for picks and prospects and offer Dobson $6.3m AAV for (x) years and it would only cost us our 1st and our 3rd.

Watch LouLou implode.

Drunk Man GIFs | Tenor

Islanders would absolutely match at that price. You want him through offersheet? 1 Year, 10+ million. In fact, they might match that and just figure it out for a year. Dobson is evolving quickly into a #1 RD. Look around the league at what those go for, 7 years at 9.5 gets the discussion started for Dobson,  but NYI likely match that. 

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Islanders would absolutely match at that price. You want him through offersheet? 1 Year, 10+ million. In fact, they might match that and just figure it out for a year. Dobson is evolving quickly into a #1 RD. Look around the league at what those go for, 7 years at 9.5 gets the discussion started for Dobson,  but NYI likely match that. 

See chart above for say up to $8.4m = 1,2, and 3 picks.

(Revised offer.)

Just now, Goal:thecup said:

See chart above for say up to $8.4m = 1,2, and 3 picks.

(Revised offer.)

Islanders find a way to match. 1RD do not fall out of the sky, Islanders won't trade him, they have no one in the pipe who replaces him. 

A trading partner must have the depth at position to move. Dobson is NOT expendable for the Islanders. 

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Islanders find a way to match. 1RD do not fall out of the sky, Islanders won't trade him, they have no one in the pipe who replaces him. 

A trading partner must have the depth at position to move. Dobson is NOT expendable for the Islanders. 

It started out as a joke mate.

Reality is: you're right of course.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

::D

Reality is, assuming that Kadri signs with the Islanders, NJ and NYR are our best trading partners. 

And one less Howitzer on the market to offer what JT could. 

Plus, JT can come in under $3m to really stuff the goody bag.

Edited by Goal:thecup
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Yeah, its still only 2023 1st, 2nd, and 3rd; lol.

The full compensation scale for 2022 offer sheets is as follows: 

2021 OFFER SHEET

2022 OFFER SHEET

DRAFT CHOICE(S)

$1,356,540 or below

$1,386,490 or below

None

Over $1,356,540 to $2,055,364

Over $1,386,490 to $2,100,742

Third-round pick

Over $2,055,364 to $4,110,732

Over $2,100,742 to $4,201,488

Second-round pick

Over $4,110,732 to $6,166,096

Over $4,201,488 to $6,302,230

First-round pick

Third-round pick

Over $6,166,096 to $8,221,463

Over $6,302,230 to $8,402,975

First-round pick

Second-round pick

Third-round pick

Over $8,221,463 to $10,276,829

Over $8,402,975 to $10,503,720

2 First-round picks
Second-round pick
Third-round pick

Over $10,276,829

Over $10,503,720

4 First-round picks

4x 1st round picks for 7x 8M.  It's only on a 5 year deal that it's 1st, 2nd and 3rd.  

To determine the picks, the overall contract is divided at most by 5 even if it runs for more years.  56 divided by 5 is 11.2M.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2022 at 10:12 AM, N4ZZY said:

Kadri signing with the Islanders probably is the worse case scenario for the Canucks, unless Colorado is looking to replace Kadri’s production. I’m not sure how much the Avs are willing to part on their championship roster, though, for a Miller trade. 

The worst case scenario is that the Avs won the cup. Even if Kadri walked I don't see the Avs being that interested in Miller anymore (at least for now) since they know they have the core to get it done. 

If Kadri signs with NYI then they are looking at trying to clear at least $6 million from their cap, probably more.  

If the rumours of Dobson being signed long term then maybe they can move out Pulock to clear all of that cap.  I'm not sure anyone wants to take on Bailey's contract or Beauvillier.  Pageau is a great 3C and they need him if they want to contend.  So Pulock would need to be the sacrifice.  

Not sure how a trade could work as they obviously don't want Miller any longer so we'd have to clear the cap room for Pulock.  One thing I like about Pulock is that he is signed long term to a reasonable cap hit.  Severson on the other hand could be a problem to sign him long term, as I think he wants alot more than $6.1 million.

The only way this works is a 3 way deal where we get Pulock + and Miller gets shipped to a 3rd team and NYI gets picks and/or prospects for Pulock.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Kadri signs with NYI then they are looking at trying to clear at least $6 million from their cap, probably more.  

If the rumours of Dobson being signed long term then maybe they can move out Pulock to clear all of that cap.  I'm not sure anyone wants to take on Bailey's contract or Beauvillier.  Pageau is a great 3C and they need him if they want to contend.  So Pulock would need to be the sacrifice.  

Not sure how a trade could work as they obviously don't want Miller any longer so we'd have to clear the cap room for Pulock.  One thing I like about Pulock is that he is signed long term to a reasonable cap hit.  Severson on the other hand could be a problem to sign him long term, as I think he wants alot more than $6.1 million.

The only way this works is a 3 way deal where we get Pulock + and Miller gets shipped to a 3rd team and NYI gets picks and/or prospects for Pulock.  

Pulock is just starting his new deal and has an NTC - can't see them moving him.

Lamoriello paid Arizona last year to clear cap.  

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Indeed the Isles are eyeing Bailey's contract to get moved in order to create the necessary cap space for 1) re-signing Dobson 2) signing Romanov and 3. signing free agent KAdri.

"As of now veteran Josh Bailey and his $5 million cap hit seem like the most critical contract to move, but moving contracts of that magnitude is not an easy task in today’s NHL. Especially when teams that have the cap space are aware of what a team like the New York Islanders are trying to do, which gives a team like the Seattle Kraken, Arizona Coyotes, and Chicago Blackhawks, to name a few, leverage."

Currently they have around 11 M cap space. If they want to sign Kadri they have no other choice but to shed salary. Kadri won't come cheap after his 28 goal season with the AV's.

Interesting side note: AV's reportedly offered Kadri only a short term contract (most likely a 1 year deal).

• Thanks 1