The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Kadri Watch: 'Rumblings' Islanders have made a push for Nazem

2 minutes ago, mll said:

He paid 2x 2nds + a 3rd to move Ladd.  

With Kadri, Dobson and Romanov I think NYI need a minimum of $18 million to sign all 3 plus they may need another roster player on top (Bellows is still unsigned).  So they are looking at $19 million total.  They have $11 million in cap space and they will have excess forwards with Kadri signed.  So logically both Bailey and Beauvillier need to be moved.

If they traded 2 2nds + a 3rd for Ladd then they are looking at something similar for Bailey plus you have Beauviller as well.  That's alot of draft picks.  Might be better for the franchise to just trade Pulock instead.  He has a NTC clause but he is Canadian and born and raised in Manitoba and played all his junior hockey in the WHL.  I don't think he would have a problem moving to Vancouver...

Not sure how Lou's going to swing it, they've got 11M in cap space and have to sign Bellows, Dobson and Romanov as well. They could go for a bridge-like 6M 2-3 year deal for Dobson or lock him up long term if they want. Romanov was a 20+ minute defenceman last year so probably deserves at least a good 3-4M at the least. Bellows hasn't done much but deserves a little bridge contract to keep him an RFA, maybe in the 2M region. That pretty much uses up all their cap. No idea where they're going to get the 8-9M for Kadri...

If I were the NYI I wouldn't mess with that defence any more, they've got some great pieces there with Romanov coming in and Dobson only going to be even better next year. Pulock and Pelech round the top 4 out quite nicely and their bottom pairing guys are pretty average but will do the job. Up front they've arguably got too many 4-5M cap-hit forwards so if they want Kadri they're really going to have to dump at least one of those guys (say Palmeri to a bottom feeder at the cost of a good pick) and still move some pieces around.

I know Lou wanted Miller and you have to hope that Allvin not letting him discuss contract terms with his agent didn't blow what could have been a Miller for Dobson deal...

16 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I know Lou wanted Miller and you have to hope that Allvin not letting him discuss contract terms with his agent didn't blow what could have been a Miller for Dobson deal...

Pretty sure that was never on the table from NYI

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

Canucks - Isles - Ducks threeway?

I'll trade with whoever offers the best return, division rival or not 

I dunno why people get so hung up on trading with rivals, bottom line is we're going to have to beat them regardless of who they've got and almost every team has some good/great players

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'll trade with whoever offers the best return, division rival or not 

I dunno why people get so hung up on trading with rivals, bottom line is we're going to have to beat them regardless of who they've got and almost every team has some good/great players

Agreed - the whole ‘he’ll always kill us in the playoffs’ never made sense to me.

Aren’t you also getting a return?

Unless you suck and lose the trade, wouldn’t your guy also kill the other team?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Putgolzin said:

Agreed - the whole ‘he’ll always kill us in the playoffs’ never made sense to me.

Aren’t you also getting a return?

Unless you suck and lose the trade, wouldn’t your guy also kill the other team?

Yup, trade with whoever gives the best return period. Bottom line is if you're giving your rival something you'd rather not odds are they're giving you something they'd rather not back.

Both sides gotta play ball.

• Like 1