The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reverse Retro 2.0 Leak?

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, granpappy said:

yes ... because other teams are afraid to play us wearing an orca on our chest

Do you think they're afraid of a running lumberjack? Other teams are only ever afraid of who you put on the ice. Stupid comment.

6 hours ago, Baggins said:

Do you think they're afraid of a running lumberjack? Other teams are only ever afraid of who you put on the ice. Stupid comment.

well i dont have the time, but im certain you have, in the past brought to everyones attention the intrepidness of orcas, how they hunt in packs and prey on sharks etc as if these characteristics would somehow influence the play on ice. ive already discussed ad nauseam my reasons for preferring the canook crest. johnny canuck logo suggests nothing more than hockey, simply put. in these times of over reaching politics and agendas & cultural awareness, that for me is the way to go ...  

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, granpappy said:

yes ... because other teams are afraid to play us wearing an orca on our chest

This is the same silly argument that caused us to switch to the gross Halloween colours. No professional athlete is frightened of a logo. While we're at it let's change the name to the Vancouver Super Death Killers of Pain and Destruction, because that's much spookier than 'Canucks'.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, granpappy said:

well i dont have the time, but im certain you have, in the past brought to everyones attention the intrepidness of orcas, how they hunt in packs and prey on sharks etc as if these characteristics would somehow influence the play on ice. ive already discussed ad nauseam my reasons for preferring the canook crest. johnny canuck logo suggests nothing more than hockey, simply put. in these times of over reaching politics and agendas & cultural awareness, that for me is the way to go ...  

First I'll start  with very few NHL logos have any hockey reference in them. It simply doesn't matter in the logo. I've always though team name and where the team plays were far more important. I'm actually quite fine with anybody disliking the Orca C. That's a matter of taste in what one likes. But just say "I don't like it". It's the utter nonsense and clutching at straws that drives me nuts. Like "an orca isn't a Canuck" as if a stick in rink is a Canuck. I don't like the SiR, and never have. It's bland and boring. It always looked stupid to me. The running JC looks like a minor league logo. It did even when I was a kid in the 60's. Great for our minor league team. The skate was better than the SiR or hideous V uni's but I was alway meh at best about them. I like the Orca because the Haida look and because I know the historical connection the Orca has to Vancouver. I grew up with that connection and remember when Molly Doll was towed into Burrard Inlet. That's why I like it, and have always said it's very Vancouver and Pacific Northwest. It's a great logo for WHERE the team plays.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...