The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does JTM rank?

Rate this topic

Got the Babych

Just now, Viper007 said:

Yup I agree, but then again, if you do it day in and day out for pretty much your entire life, you will get tired of it and just go through the motions at times.  Not everyday is the same.  You always need some pick me ups.  Always try to find an edge to pump you up.  That's what I would do.

If you start going through the motions, move on. Loui E is a perfect example. What an absolute waste of $36 mil. 

9 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

You really think LE wanted to do that?

I don't have time for this conversation. The point was/is when you have the opportunity to make millions playing the game you loved growing up, you shouldn't need extra motivation. 

19 hours ago, iceman64 said:

No if I'm making 5 mil a season id be stoked from the nano-second the ink dried. I used to play and I counted the hours to practice and play each week and I didn't see a penny but I was super stoked to gear up and lace the blades, grab a stick, and have a blast. 

I think Bo gives it his all, but it is a job at the end of the day for these guys. If my job was banging super models, I'd still have off days if someone was telling me when and how to do it all the time.

16 hours ago, IBatch said:

As for the OP.   Believe Zibenajad is for sure his best comp.   And will get a deal like him,  but with a little added for the cap going up in two seasons.   And that the deal will go the same length, which is six years (as in age it's done).    8-9.5 is his range.  One more season like last years, he's going to get the higher range, if he regresses to a PPG, the low range.    He will walk if he's not the highest paid player after scoring more then anyone since he showed up. 

Edit:  Not sure if it's postering,  or he's actually saying the truth,  JR has a number in mind that works for the club, and Millers camp of course is higher.    Do think that if we start the season with Miller, it's going to be awfully hard to trade him at the deadline if we are in a good position, which is very likely.     If we aren't, easy he's gone.   JB for sure made it tough on these guys!  But not really in a bad way either.    Glad we have a new management crew.   And that they are taking their time as well.   Hate it when a new GM comes in, and does silly things off the hop like offer Sundin a ridiculous two year, 20 million dollar contract.  Wonder what Nonis would have done with all that cap gone.   He had to wait, and did, Burke's deals ... then was canned for not going after the late great Brad Richards.    Didn't take him long to get another job either.    

We'll see, I mean he doesn't seem to be seen as that valuable around the league right now. I think he is seen as a winger that can play center, and wingers (even good ones) are the least valuable commodity now. But, I'd be completely happy if we signed him to 6years in the low 8s.

1 hour ago, BarnBurner said:

I don't have time for this conversation. The point was/is when you have the opportunity to make millions playing the game you loved growing up, you shouldn't need extra motivation. 

So do you give your all every single minute of your work day?

11 minutes ago, Got the Babych said:

I think Bo gives it his all, but it is a job at the end of the day for these guys. If my job was banging super models, I'd still have off days if someone was telling me when and how to do it all the time.

What if your the one footing the bill at the end of the day? Would rather not have someone in place who doesn't need to get pumped but is that way by nature? I would... Any day.. I'm not saying Bo isn't competitive but I'd want Uber competitive at the captain. That's JR over Bo by a mile although Bo has a calmer nature it looks like that would be handy as well but I'm not Bo bashing. He's not doing a bad job by any means.

5 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

So do you give your all every single minute of your work day?

I do... It's why I've hardly been out of work actually and I'm a perfectionist and it shows at the end of the day and gives you a great reputation that even gets you more and even to a point you can't accept any more work because your so busy because.. wait for it.. you like it, you LOVE it! Can't get enough of it! 

Think that's how the song goes but nothing trump's pure passion. All the top players have it in spades and definitely difference makers consistently. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

I do... It's why I've hardly been out of work actually and I'm a perfectionist and it shows at the end of the day and gives you a great reputation that even gets you more and even to a point you can't accept any more work because your so busy because.. wait for it.. you like it, you LOVE it! Can't get enough of it! 

Think that's how the song goes but nothing trump's pure passion. All the top players have it in spades and definitely difference makers consistently. 

To that I call BS.  I love doing certain things, and would love to do them all the time, but even then I can't maintain the same consistency all the time throughout when I'm doing it.  It's just physically/mentally impossible.  As much as you would think you can do it.  You can't maintain 100% all the time.

19 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

To that I call BS.  I love doing certain things, and would love to do them all the time, but even then I can't maintain the same consistency all the time throughout when I'm doing it.  It's just physically/mentally impossible.  As much as you would think you can do it.  You can't maintain 100% all the time.

No that's all day for 8 hours 5 days a week, not 60 mins, I can do a perfect job of being motivated for 1 freaking hour and I don't make millions.. so I call B.S. 

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

What if your the one footing the bill at the end of the day? Would rather not have someone in place who doesn't need to get pumped but is that way by nature? I would... Any day.. I'm not saying Bo isn't competitive but I'd want Uber competitive at the captain. That's JR over Bo by a mile although Bo has a calmer nature it looks like that would be handy as well but I'm not Bo bashing. He's not doing a bad job by any means.

I wouldn't have any complaints about Bo's work ethic or motivation. You can be uber-competitive without the emotional displays. They are different kinds of leaders, both effective.

Just now, iceman64 said:

No that's all day for 8 hours 5 days a week, not 60 mins, I can do a perfect job of being motivated for 1 freaking hour and I don't make millions.. so I call B.S. 

What might I ask is this job that you're doing?  That you can maintain 100% focus, output and efficiency for 8 hours.   

1 minute ago, Got the Babych said:

I wouldn't have any complaints about Bo's work ethic or motivation. You can be uber-competitive without the emotional displays. They are different kinds of leaders, both effective.

Well JT let's his game show it every night usually and way more consistent than Bo so as much as I have no problem with Bo, if it were between both for Capt, I'd take JT any day.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Also, it's not just a 1 hour job.  It's a year round job where you have to pretty much eat properly, work out, and practice, while doing media obligations while also doing charity work.  It's not as easy as you think it is.  There is a lot more to being a professional athelete.

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

What might I ask is this job that you're doing?  That you can maintain 100% focus, output and efficiency for 8 hours.   

I'm a house painter, I do high end painting that HAS to be perfect, it's checked and re-checked before it goes on the market by picky real estate agents. 

I worked for a huge rental co and not one complaint on any job I did in 3 years because I'm such a perfectionist and I got it from my dad who was even worse as a welder where your work litterally gets x-rayed.

3 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Also, it's not just a 1 hour job.  It's a year round job where you have to pretty much eat properly, work out, and practice, while doing media obligations while also doing charity work.  It's not as easy as you think it is.  There is a lot more to being a professional athelete.

That's not the topic.. this is simply team.. being motivated on playing. The rest is why I like Bo in the first place and I was a assistant capt playing hockey and I know what goes into it but we're talking on ice motivation here.

9 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

And that's not including that I did 9 years behind the wheel of a big truck in Vancouver and if your not on the ball ALL the time you get DEAD! 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Well JT let's his game show it every night usually and way more consistent than Bo so as much as I have no problem with Bo, if it were between both for Capt, I'd take JT any day.

I will reserve who i think is better captain material for the team

We don't really know how the players feel about each other

JR and the coaches, assistants (that remained) have a good idea of the players and how they interact among each other and trust they will do whatever to make the team stronger in every area

This management had no say in picking the Captain, and i believe that if they see a better captain to lead them forward, they would make the change, just as they have with other positions throughout the entire staff

• Cheers 1