The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does JTM rank?

Rate this topic

Got the Babych

5 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Stop bugging me. 

I see you can't even be motivated to give 100% during this conversation, yet you want Bo to be motivated at all times.  Stop posting if you don't want to be quoted.  Or there is also an ignore option which I would recommend you to use.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I will reserve who i think is better captain material for the team

We don't really know how the players feel about each other

JR and the coaches, assistants (that remained) have a good idea of the players and how they interact among each other and trust they will do whatever to make the team stronger in every area

This management had no say in picking the Captain, and i believe that if they see a better captain to lead them forward, they would make the change, just as they have with other positions throughout the entire staff

At the end of the day, it's how the team responds to the captain.  Some players like the rah rah stuff, and some probably like the show by example types.  Unless we're in the room we will never know.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

I will reserve who i think is better captain material for the team

We don't really know how the players feel about each other

JR and the coaches, assistants (that remained) have a good idea of the players and how they interact among each other and trust they will do whatever to make the team stronger in every area

This management had no say in picking the Captain, and i believe that if they see a better captain to lead them forward, they would make the change, just as they have with other positions throughout the entire staff

I'm not saying Bo is a bad captain at all, I just don't like it when a Capt says stuff like that and just keep it to himself. I don't need to know as a fan that he needed to get "jacked"

Whatever but just keep that to yourself!!

Lmao!

From anyone but him I wouldn't have noticed but thats not something he needed to say.

That's my only objection.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Well JT let's his game show it every night usually and way more consistent than Bo so as much as I have no problem with Bo, if it were between both for Capt, I'd take JT any day.

Leaders are leaders, I don't think the C matters that much. Bo has had to play his entire pro career (and captain) a horrible team. He's played huge in big games, hopefully we'll see more of those. But I agree that JT is a fierce competitor and could also be a good captain.

On 7/25/2022 at 4:12 PM, 204CanucksFan said:

Bo has a never ending cast of wingers because he is our most consistent center. Put anyone on his line and he still produces and does it at a high rate while playing against the other teams top lines. RNH is a very poor comparison for Bo because Bo actaully drives play whereas RNH has been a passenger on any line he's played on, it's why RNH isn't even a center anymore, he's plays LW for either McD or Drai. Probably the closest proper comparable would be Brayden Schenn who is in his 2nd year of $6.5 × 8yr contract.

The only difference is Bo scores more goals and wins way more faceoffs. 

He's been our most consistent center because our bottom 6 C's have been inconsistent due to our previous regime struggling to find a 3C or 4C. Petey and Miller rotated at 1C until they both had to play C due to our lack of depth. Horvat isn't versatile enough to play wing, so he's been our only C to stay there.

He hasn't produced at a high rate 5 on 5, a lot of his scoring came from the power play. Last season, he was 218th in even strength points per 60 among all players.

I would also argue Bo is more of a rush player than a play driver.

RNH is versatile enough to play LW when Draisatl plays 2C to keep him in the top 6. Oilers don't need him at 3C since they have Mcleod.

I like the Brayden Schenn comparison, good find! I'm hoping Bo can keep improving his defensive play and maybe even take another step in his development to make our team even stronger. We need it if we want to be cup contenders!