The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple shootings in Langley + Shooting in Whistler Village, reports of 2 dead.

nuckin_futz

Reports of shooting in Whistler Village

July 24, 2022 1:01pm

There has been a shooting incident in Whistler, although nothing has been confirmed by the police. The shooting was reported in Whistler Village, with multiple shots fired.

We’re currently locked down in our hotel in Whistler.

— Tiffany  (@ynaffit79) July 24, 2022

An employee who works at the Pan Pacific Hotel told the Squamish Reporter the hotels is on lockdown and the police and paramedics are responding the incident.

At least 8 rounds were fired and one man was injured in the shooting, the witness told the Squamish Reporter. Veteran crime report Kim Bolan said the slain man was a Brother Keeper gangster.

Brothers Keeper gangster shot in Whistler today – gruesome videos and photos circulating online. I'll post a story at https://t.co/LKcIowwJKv ASAP

— Kim Bolan (@kbolan) July 24, 2022

However, police has yet to provide any details.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Sad 2

Whistler Shooting: 2 dead, active shooter near Longhorn Bar in Whistler Village today- RCMP, Canada

Today, Sunday, July 24, 2022, more than two dozen law enforcement agencies are reacting to a gunshot incident that happened close to the Longhorn Bar in Whistler Village, Canada. The Fitzsimmons Express and the Whistler Village Gondola are currently on an immediate lockdown as police respond to an allegation of an active shooter near the bar, according to law enforcement agencies.

Authorities claim that two people who had been shot at the scene have been found. Despite the two people’s efforts to be saved, paramedics who arrived on the scene declared them dead.

Residents and businesses have been told to lock their doors right away, and everyone is being told to find a safe place and stay there. Reports say that the person who is currently shooting is NOT in custody at this time. The suspect, who hasn’t been named, is free and on the run. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police think the suspect is still in the area.

https://www.fox3now.com/active-shooter-reported-in-whistler-village-near-longhorn-bar-canada/

There's some video in the link if you're curious.

this world is so far in hell, to be frank wouldnt care if there was a nuclear war soon, a shooting at whistler village?? really???? , i dont think there has ever been one there since its opened, dont know whats wrong with people anymore, i dont even trust my neighbor anymore, soon we will all need wpns to self protect each other, cause this could happen to you and you would need to protect your family

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Muttley said:

This is horrible... Words just can't express it. Some people should just never have been born....

https://www.fox3now.com/active-shooter-reported-in-whistler-village-near-longhorn-bar-canada/

Did not have "see video of shot and dead folks" on my things to do today :(, NSFW warning for y'all that click the link

• Cheers 1

Ah yes, these gangsters growing up from rich family homes with a lot of inheritance from generations of hard work from their families, just to be a bunch of lowlifes with their brains all over the pavement.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Western Red said:

The allure of the game. 

Why live fast for a decade when you have a whole life to live?

Why be a hit man for 10k when that's a spit in the pan for an EL job. FFS!!!! 

because some young men are just stupid, I think it comes down to that.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Oregon.Duck said:

Did not have "see video of shot and dead folks" on my things to do today :(, NSFW warning for y'all that click the link

Thanks, I actively try and avoid it as well.  

My buddy manages the hotel pictured. This was about 50 meters from one of the busiest areas of the village. I was about 600m away. Takes a special sort of scumbag to do a hit in that area at that time of day.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Whistler Shooting: 2 dead, active shooter near Longhorn Bar in Whistler Village today- RCMP, Canada

Today, Sunday, July 24, 2022, more than two dozen law enforcement agencies are reacting to a gunshot incident that happened close to the Longhorn Bar in Whistler Village, Canada. The Fitzsimmons Express and the Whistler Village Gondola are currently on an immediate lockdown as police respond to an allegation of an active shooter near the bar, according to law enforcement agencies.

Authorities claim that two people who had been shot at the scene have been found. Despite the two people’s efforts to be saved, paramedics who arrived on the scene declared them dead.

Residents and businesses have been told to lock their doors right away, and everyone is being told to find a safe place and stay there. Reports say that the person who is currently shooting is NOT in custody at this time. The suspect, who hasn’t been named, is free and on the run. The Royal Canadian Mounted Police think the suspect is still in the area.

There's some video in the link if you're curious.

There's only Hwy 99 to get in or out. Sooner or later the cops have to get him, unless he's got a buddy with a helicopter

• Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Brazen daytime shootings.

Been a few of them in the last few years in areas that you would have not expected.

F' gang members, F' any girl that dates/marries one, and F' anyone that admires gangsters including biker gang members.  

They are all dirt. Society has to stop any and all glorification of these types of criminals such as all the stupid tv shows that pass for dramatic entertainment. 

Ya. One gang member shot another in Whistler today cuz they watched the sopranos. Lol. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Would these young gangsters be watching old TV shows or more likely listening to rap music?  

There have been gangsters in society since Al Capone. They are created by their own desire for greed and power and a fast buck. Not movies or rap music or television. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

There have been gangsters in society since Al Capone. They are created by their own desire for greed and power and a fast buck. Not movies or rap music or television. 

We should not glorify them.

No 'lol' about it. 

• Vintage 1