The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin Interview (Russian sports media outlet Sport-Express)

Rate this topic

Canuck You

I did a fist pump when I heard JB scooped him up and I thought, JV your on thin ice (scuse the pun) 

Your replacement was just picked if you don't man up, and guess what? 

Wtg Podz! Keep it up!!

Edit:

JV should have known better than to do what he did, even if he didn't do what he was accused of, he had enough mentoring not to. Putting yourself in that position in the first place was his biggest brain fart and that's the main difference between JV and Podz. 

One uses his head and the other one, with the wrong one...

We don't need that kind of drama.

We've been through enough in 40+ years ffs! 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

I did a fist pump when I heard JB scooped him up and I thought, JV your on thin ice (scuse the pun) 

Your replacement was just picked if you don't man up, and guess what? 

Wtg Podz! Keep it up!!

Podz is a big time improvement on the ice and off the ice.  So much more mature and dedicated to becoming the best player that he can.  

21 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

They just forgot to ask him what he is saying to Tryamkin to convince him to still sign with the Canucks! Nikita Tryamkin's road back to the NHL should go through the Utica Comets -  Vancouver Is Awesome

12 your a a$$hole for reminding me! Lmoa! Sigh... I sooooo miss that bfr! 

You should have seen me when I saw Train throwing em around like ragdolls! but then.. Willy D, now I'm not sure who to hate worse but to me that put Willy in with Messier, LE, etc category. I'm still bummed about it! It wasn't as bad as Neely but still. 

One of the biggest guys ever to be able to do that like Brash,

anyway I gave up hope for him as he signed another 2 year deal across the pond. 

Grrrrr c'mere Willy, smack smack smack!!! Bitc h! 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Yup shrewd move to get a couple fellow Russians to help Podz and visa versa he will help them too

100%  

It's also going to help that Podz was alone last year and felt appreciation for when other guys invited him out to dinners on the road and made sure he wasn't alone.  

Podz seems like a future leader of the team and a team player almost to a fault.  Not surprised that he was captain of team Russia in the past. 

15 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

100%  

It's also going to help that Podz was alone last year and felt appreciation for when other guys invited him out to dinners on the road and made sure he wasn't alone.  

Podz seems like a future leader of the team and a team player almost to a fault.  Not surprised that he was captain of team Russia in the past. 

Plus, the fact that Larianov coached/ loves Podz. 

Pretty high praise. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

It is kinda weird that they call Boudreau by his real name and not "coach." Is that mostly a fan/media thing? Cause the NBA media call coaches, even ex coaches, coach. I said coach way too many times just now. But still. Just thought that was interesting to point out. Cool that Pod calls Boudreau coach. Lol.

I loved this kid at the draft. I wrote him off as an option at our spot cause I loved his game so much I figured nobody would be stupid enough to pass on him beyond 5. He fell into our laps and I just love his game and his work ethic more and more. Very excited for his future.

• Cheers 4

46 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Really hoping he turns into a treasure.    We saw lots of potential in him last season.    Looking forward to seeing his progression.

You bet.    To me he's got a very high floor.   Already proving he can play in the bottom six.    Hustled constantly...and he's got good wheels.   He's got a high floor and projects to be a swiss army knife type.    Loved that he mentioned he could score 20 with just a little more finish.    That should come.    Man this forward group is deep right now.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Boy does he ever say the right things... 

I don't know, how much his team mates interacts, but its great to see Petey taking on the leader role. Being positive and supportive of VP.... 

will be very interesting to see how his future at Canucks unfolds, but he has all the attributes of a great leader... 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1