The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

All the kids putting up some big numbers, I know we desperately need defence but one of these young top centers would be huge for us. Bedard is obviously going to a bottom feeder but Fantilli or even Smith or Dvorsky or Carlsson are all future top 1-2 centers. Going to be a lot of future stars coming out of the top 10.

23 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

All the kids putting up some big numbers, I know we desperately need defence but one of these young top centers would be huge for us. Bedard is obviously going to a bottom feeder but Fantilli or even Smith or Dvorsky or Carlsson are all future top 1-2 centers. Going to be a lot of future stars coming out of the top 10.

Lets hope we continue being a bottom feeder :)

If we continue to suck we'll surely get a top-10 pick and a decent stab at a future top-6 center, maybe even a star. Top-5 you've got the likes of Bedard, Fantilli and Carlsson (might fall out of the top-5) but one of those guys would change our franchise.

It'd be nice, if we're selling, to try and snag another 1st round pick and pick up another decent player. There's not many defencemen in this draft but Cameron Allen or Strbak are decent RDs who will fall in the top-20.

I really do not know who I want in this draft. In my heart I hope we're drafting 20-32. In no particular order at this point these are some guys peaking my interest. 

Strbak RD

Played some hard mins at the WJC and held the fort as a 17yo with Nemec out. 

Ziemmer RW,

Another RW to add to our collection. Like this kid though plays thick north south having a heck of a great start to the season and an absolutely lethal shot. 7g 10a in his first 10 games for PG. He's one to watch. 

Bjarnason G, 

Is Silvos the future?? We need to start looking for a goalie to develop for 5 years from now. Kid looks good.

Beau Akey RD

Looking interesting. What a start to the season. 5pts in 7 games for the Colts. Kid can move the puck. 

Most of the C's I like are at the top but Will Smith looks interesting. Hopefully he gets lost in the crowd.