The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Adidas won't renew NHL apparel deal after 2023-24

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Of course. Don't know why I didn't think of them.

but I mean CCM would be better, being a Canadian company and all... maybe they would bring back the loose/baggy look as well. :lol: I loved those! Not likely though.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I wasn't that crazy about the Adidas look... the more detailed logo is a great idea, but the shoulder and neckline designs were downright awful imo.

Edited by Rubik

11 minutes ago, Rubik said:

but I mean CCM would be better, being a Canadian company and all... maybe they would bring back the loose/baggy look as well. :lol: I loved those! Not likely though.

Also, I don't know about you guys, but I wasn't that crazy about the Adidas look... the more detailed logo is a great idea, but the shoulder and neckline designs were downright awful imo.

I've found that I was in the minority that really liked the Reebok designs.

• Cheers 3

Definitely interesting to see that Adidas is out after the 2023-24 season. 

A few possible companies to bid/take on the contract:

CCM: As @-AJ- mentioned, CCM is now independent under Birch Hill Equity Partners. I can see them welcoming back the On-Ice Authentic's, and fan replicas. 

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Wonder who will replace them. CCM is the logical choice--I'm not sure if there other good options out there. Adidas sold CCM in 2017, so I think they're independent now.

Bauer: Their recent large investment into the textiles sector with their brand revamp, and bringing on more apparel options to the hockey, and lifestyle markets. Also, they used to be the manufacturer tagged on 90's Team Canada jerseys, with their old "flyer-esque" logo. 

Spoiler

m_wp_623b7c68bcbb52cd658ea894.webp

Fanatics: I have not been a fan of their jersey offerings from the material and manufacturing standpoint, but I can see them making a push to take over after their partnership with Adidas expires (assuming the same 2023-24 timeline). They have connections with the MLB as well in terms of manufacturing jerseys within their (affiliate) facilities. 

Under Armour: Intriguing point by @Crimson-JH, I can see UA taking on more jersey contracts as they currently outfit some of the NCAA Men's and Women's teams.  Demko's worn their jerseys before as a member of Boston College. 

46 minutes ago, Crimson-JH said:

Maybe UnderArmour will take it on? 

There isn’t much hockey jersey suppliers around (CCM, and Nike?)

Thatcher Demko - Men's Hockey - Boston College Athletics

Edited by Harvey Specter