The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) The perfect, yet affordable defence partner for QH

Yes, that’s exactly what I am saying.  So we will agree to disagree and your response was much more pleasant than some I have seen on this site.  I think it’s time to turn some of our depth at forward into assets for the d corps.  I also like the idea of dumping Dickinson’s contract and Murphy would have to pass a physical before the trade was finalized.

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

My biggest issue is, he hasn't managed to play more than 2/3rds of a season, 3 of the last 4 years.

I like the size etc, but I think there are better targets out there.

I am not for or against........but!

The reason Murphy has a concussion is he was expected to carry the puck.........that is when the big hits happen, which cause the concussions

As Hughes partner, Hughes will be the guy with the puck, so maybe it would be much like Tanev's last year, where he had no concussions..........?

• Cheers 1

I don't mind the player, but the injuries are a concern for me. Also I don't love moving Hoglander for this. I wonder if Chicago would want DiPetro or Woo instead.

I think Mayfield from NYI would honestly be a target Vancouver should look at. Big boy, cheap for another year and the Isles need offense and have too many top 4 Dman. 

• Thanks 1

Moving Hoglander right now will almost certainly not get us the value we deserve for a player with his skills. I have a feeling he will play well enough during training camp that we will have no choice but to put him in the lineup, and after that point perhaps he will have increased his value that it becomes worth the risk to move him. I'm still of the camp that says he has a 2nd line floor and a 1st line ceiling. 

Of course, trading Dickinson is a useful move from a cap perspective, and he almost certainly holds negative value, so we gotta sweeten it for them if such a move was made. I'd sooner move a player who has established himself so we get full value out of it. 

As others have said, I am also squeamish about his injuries over the last several seasons - although when healthy I do think he would be a good fit with Hughes. 

5 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Feel that is a pretty good bet although I’m not sure why 2x2.75M would have been too much unless he just wanted to go back to the US or out East.

that would have forced JR/PA to dump a F, probably at the cost of a 2nd or 3rd. Must have felt the overall impact was not quite worth it. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Only guys that I see fit that category are:

Matthew Benning - I think we’re Benning’d out

Erik Gudbranson - Could we have wanted him back given our new LD situation vs when he was here?

Josh Manson - Likely was not going to sign here.

Could it have been EG?  Did JR like EG when he was in Pitts?