The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Chychrun interested in going to Ottawa

5 hours ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Am I the only one not sold on Chychrun??

Alf.

Chychrun had a rough year, if you just look at the basic numbers, but he was legitimately the last line of defense on that team. His xGA/60 was at 2.4, which is better than all of our defensemen aside from Schenn. That’s pretty remarkable given the team he plays for that is ranked second in shots against and third in high-danger chances against/60. 

He started to show signs of his 2021 season in the last 15 games, before he went down. 13 points in 15 games with a +11 rating.

Edited by shiznak

7 hours ago, grandmaster said:

They could be a lock for the playoffs in they do land this guy. They’ve done a lot of good moves so far….

Most improved team thus far imo, Sens management has done very well without Melynk shackling them

How original, ex player of said team becomes insider for said team and pushes for said team for star player. This reminds me of when Dreger would spew out bs and we would all know it was Nonis pulling strings trying to get better value for Toronto. 

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

They want something stupid like one top young player, another roster player and 2 firsts. Maybe that drops to a 1st and later pick. 

Or a crisp $20 bill. It's Arizona 

9 hours ago, Comeback_Kings said:

Ottawa still has Hamonic as their 1RD.  

Their top pairing is Chabot/Zub considered one of the top pairings in the NHL last year.  Zub was a freebe

pickup from the KHL, that any team could have taken a chance on.

Next up is Zaitsev and then Hamonic.

Lassi Thompson is close to NHL ready; maybe see him playing for the big club sometime this year.

Chychurn would make their defence very strong.

24 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Their top pairing is Chabot/Zub considered one of the top pairings in the NHL last year. 

it was? 

24 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Zub was a freebe

pickup from the KHL, that any team could have taken a chance on.

Next up is Zaitsev and then Hamonic.

Lassi Thompson is close to NHL ready; maybe see him playing for the big club sometime this year.

Chychurn would make their defence very strong.

he'd be an awesome pickup for sure. Unfortunately for him AZ seems content to piss his career away. 

9 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Problem is the asking price will ruin the team they've just created. They want something stupid like one top young player, another roster player and 2 firsts. Maybe that drops to a 1st and later pick. 

I think Stutzle, Zub and a 1st would be their asking price which is a lot, unless they can talk Arizona down to swap Zub for a random bottom player and good prospect.

Lol Stutzle is going nowhere. He's worth more than Chychrun on his own.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

it was? 

Refer to chart halfway down in article

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-appear-to-have-a-gem-in-artem-zub-1.1716326

An they got him for nothingB)

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

he'd be an awesome pickup for sure. Unfortunately for him AZ seems content to piss his career away. 

Exactly.  When you look at his numbers when OEL played for AZ, you can see what Chychurn's future will

look like.

As for the Sens; they look pretty good with   Chabot        Zub

Chychurn    Zaitsev

Holden       Hamonic

Eventually, they will have     Chychurn   Zub

Chabot   Thompson

Sanderson  Zaistsev

Brannstrom

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Refer to chart halfway down in article

https://www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-appear-to-have-a-gem-in-artem-zub-1.1716326

An they got him for nothingB)

Exactly.  When you look at his numbers when OEL played for AZ, you can see what Chychurn's future will

look like.

As for the Sens; they look pretty good with   Chabot        Zub

Chychurn    Zaitsev

Holden       Hamonic

Eventually, they will have     Chychurn   Zub

Chabot   Thompson

Sanderson  Zaistsev

Brannstrom

ah I see, I think that pair came back down to earth a bit over the whole season but for sure Zub looks to be a nice win for them.

16 minutes ago, JM_ said:

ah I see, I think that pair came back down to earth a bit over the whole season but for sure Zub looks to be a nice win for them.

Chabot's season ending injury mid-March didn't help either.  Both will likely end up as their 2nd pairing if

Chychurn is signed.

I forgot they have RD Bernard-Docker looking NHL ready, along with Thompson and LD Anderson + Brunnstom.

They will be a very rounded looking team in a couple of years. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Chabot's season ending injury mid-March didn't help either.  Both will likely end up as their 2nd pairing if

Chychurn is signed.

I forgot they have RD Bernard-Docker looking NHL ready, along with Thompson and LD Anderson + Brunnstom.

and they should given the level of suckage they have put out there

I do think Chabot is way overpaid (at least to date) but with the right partner and just more time to gel together it might work out really well for them.

I was really hoping we could have also landed Lyubushkin this year as a UFA as our 'Zub' but oh well. 

17 minutes ago, JM_ said:

and they should given the level of suckage they have put out there

I do think Chabot is way overpaid (at least to date) but with the right partner and just more time to gel together it might work out really well for them.

I was really hoping we could have also landed Lyubushkin this year as a UFA as our 'Zub' but oh well. 

But for the bubble playoffs, our suckage since 2010 is looking rather similar to the Sens. :(

Their rebuild was the more traditional kind that utilizes the draft, so it has taken a bit longer due to the waiting

for prospects to develop.

Both are probably still a couple of years away from making any noise in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

ottawa went from loserville that nobody wanted to play for and whispers of losing their team to one of the up and coming attractive destinations.

and here i thought dorion was a complete bum (still need to fix the goaltending). 

if i were a sens fan, this would be the happiest i'd been in very, very a long time.

bravo.

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Chychurn is signed.

I came here to mention Bernard Docker.   Destined to replace one of Zaitsev or Hamonic over time.  Which is fine; considering the state of their rebuild?

My assumption is the primary cost would be Jake Sanderson + a first. Sanderson a prime candidate, who has upside to be just like (at least close) to Chychrun.  

I imagine?  They are trying to sell LHD Eric Brannstrom instead of Sanderson.  A dynamic PMD, but less needed as they have lefty Chabot.  Like we sorta, kinda different but similar, have Hughes & OEL so don't quite need lefty PMD Jack Rathbone. 

If Sanderson was on the table + a first and asset the deal would be done!

If smart Ottawa will pass and let Sanderson just develop.

• Vintage 1

Even without Chychrun, my hot take for next year is that Ott makes playoffs while Leafs falter by a few points.

They will need to be "lucky guys" to get a full season out of Matt "Glass" Murray, and TML roster looks pretty worse from last year.

It would be glorious. Maybe the biased media will finally turn against Du(m)bas?

• Cheers 1