The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Possible PTO's (Training Camp)

Rate this topic

BureBurrito

I would look at De Haan, PK and Stralman and take one.  ZAR would be welcome in my bottom six any day.

A OEL Stralman pairing could be a really decent minute munching tandem for a year.  Taking pressure off Myers and Schenn, buying time and not surrendering a future roster spot in one to two years time when hopefully a legit option appears.  

I think it Stralman as a RHD Edler like we saw two years ago.  I would sign that guy.  

PTO Stralman, sign him for a one year deal, play him on the 4/5 spot with Schenn Myers getting played with Hughes and or Rathbone.  

not a lot of RHD offence, but some at times and size plus veterans to support the two younger guys.  Poolman and Burroughs get the bottom 2 spots and Woo gets to pick a position in Abbey. Lol.

it’s affordable and adds depth at a key position.  

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 3:19 PM, HorvatToBaertschi said:

PK is an obvious solution for our RHD depth issues, if he can be had at a reasonable cap hit.

I agree, he was still a solid player until he signed with NJ 3 years ago. They were a crappy team his entire tenure there so I wonder if he may still have another solid couple years in him under good coaching and on a team that plays pure offense.

40 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I agree, he was still a solid player until he signed with NJ 3 years ago. They were a crappy team his entire tenure there so I wonder if he may still have another solid couple years in him under good coaching and on a team that plays pure offense.

In a team with a clearly defined role, which for us would be to play alongside Hughes and be his defensive anchor... he could thrive. We seem like an ideal candidate for him to cash in for his retirement contract.

Playoff performer to boot, I'm surprised we haven't heard any rumblings of Subban coming to Vancouver. 

• Cheers 1

On 8/2/2022 at 8:21 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

That was a while ago. He met and married his wife and started to brand himself a lot more after he was traded to Nashville. 

Edit: they split up in 2021

His wife was Lindsay Vonn was it not? Not sure but if so, simply saying his wife would be almost as bad as referring to Mike Fishers as just his wife.

20 hours ago, VanCan2023 said:

His wife was Lindsay Vonn was it not? Not sure but if so, simply saying his wife would be almost as bad as referring to Mike Fishers as just his wife.

I don't think it matters at all. She was his fiance. 

It's like saying he or she or etc.