The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames re-sign Oliver Kylington

2 minutes ago, tas said:

I'll answer for him. no, it doesnt matter. if a guy gets hurt by laying his bag on the line for your team for the 500th time that year, you sure as hell don't fault him for it. you do your goddamn best to have a next man up attitude and go out and win one for him. 

I'd take 6 chris tanevs on my team, complete with injuries. 

Fairytale thinking. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, AV. said:

I'm hearing he's going to make as much as Poolman, despite being 10x the player?

Makes you wonder.

Poolman was playing Top 4 minutes for Winnipeg and put up great numbers doing so, Kylington is a passenger. Makes you wonder. 

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Poolman was playing Top 4 minutes for Winnipeg and put up great numbers doing so, Kylington is a passenger. Makes you wonder. 

And that type of deployment led to being swept by Montreal and eventually made the Jets go out and spend a pick on getting a much more expensive defenceman in Schmidt.

Hope this helps.

Just now, AV. said:

And that type of deployment led to being swept by Montreal and eventually made the Jets go out and spend a pick on getting a much more expensive defenceman in Schmidt.

Hope this helps.

Lot of revisionist history. News flash Benning’s fired you can stop hoping for the team to fail now.

Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Lot of revisionist history. News flash Benning’s fired you can stop hoping for the team to fail now.

Hope this helps. 

Resident Benning apologist has nothing topical or relevant to retort so he puts forth this sad response instead of acknowledging that, yet again, I'm correct.

Makes you wonder.

Just now, AV. said:

Resident Benning apologist has nothing topical or relevant to retort so he puts forth this sad response instead of acknowledging that, yet again, I'm correct.

Makes you wonder.

Poolman Even +/- reason Winnipeg lost to Montreal. 

Makes you wonder

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AV. said:

Makes you wonder.

Signing that has nothing to do with Vancouver, or Benning. Brings up Benning. Sounds like someone has a crush. 

Makes you wonder… 

• Cheers 1

Signing that has nothing to do with Vancouver, or Benning. Brings up Benning. Sounds like someone has a crush. 

Makes you wonder… 

Actually, I compared Kylington's AAV with our defender that has the same AAV, despite our defender being a much inferior player.  A fair comparison to make in this thread since we operate in a cap world.

Never said anything about former GMs.  That's something you brought up, lil guy.

Hope that helps.

Just now, AV. said:

Actually, I compared Kylington's AAV with our defender that has the same AAV, despite our defender being a much inferior player.  A fair comparison to make in this thread since we operate in a cap world.

Never said anything about former GMs.  That's something you brought up, lil guy.

Hope that helps.

Was very clear what you were attempting there. You’re quite see through that way. 

Hope that helps. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Was very clear what you were attempting there. You’re quite see through that way. 

Hope that helps. 

Which is what - making a comparison like I said I was?  What exactly is clever or being "attempted" from that? 

Nothing I can do when you're on high alert to interpret everything I say and do as negative lmfao.  Evidently, I'm the second person you're going after, so maybe it's just a you thing.

I guess this is what we've come to expect in Life with canuck73_3.

2 minutes ago, AV. said:

Which is what - making a comparison like I said I was?  What exactly is clever or being "attempted" from that? 

Nothing I can do when you're on high alert to interpret everything I say and do as negative lmfao.  Evidently, I'm the second person you're going after, so maybe it's just a you thing.

I guess this is what we've come to expect in Life with canuck73_3.

Wrong as usual. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, AV. said:

Hope this helps.

Schmidt sucks pucks.  He made us worse, and then made the Jets worse.  He’s an obvious cheater, who (when his cheating got taken away because he got caught) went back to being a puck sucker.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Schmidt sucks pucks.  He made us worse, and then made the Jets worse.  He’s an obvious cheater, who (when his cheating got taken away because he got caught) went back to being a puck sucker.  

That's fine - I didn't say he was better, I said he was more expensive.

It doesn't refute my point, however, where the Jets felt it was better to pay for a much more expensive defenceman than re-sign Poolman.

Just now, AV. said:

That's fine - I didn't say he was better, I said he was more expensive.

It doesn't refute my point, however, where the Jets felt it was better to pay for a much more expensive defenceman than re-sign Poolman.

And they missed the playoffs entirely. And finished below the team that signed Poolman, Good work? 

And they missed the playoffs entirely. And finished below the team that signed Poolman, Good work? 

Shocker.  It's harder to make the playoffs when the schedule is 82 games instead of 56 games, and a team is playing 31 teams instead of 6.