The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames re-sign Oliver Kylington

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Crazy.

Nic Meloche & Connor Mackey will (almost undoubtedly, but u never know) pass through waivers.

Plus someone will be injured.

I remember wanting to sign Mackey out of the NCAA cpl years ago. He does fit the profile / stereotype of what we want in a 3rd pair LHD.  Big, skates well, does have a shot.  I have not really followed him since he arrived in Flametown?  He's 25 & has 9 NHL games on his resume' > so I think he passes? His #'s are otherwise solid!

But later in the year, when u don't have a full compliment of guys in camp; he would be on my list to claim...  

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Oh right other teams get excuses. :lol:

No, it's a fact lol.

Winnipeg played 6 teams for all of the 2020/21 season.  They only had to be better than three of those teams to be assured of a playoff spot.  They also had less travel to worry about since all games were in Canada.

In 2021/22, to qualify for playoffs, they would have to be among the top 3 in the Central division, or be among the top 8 in a conference of 16 teams.  They also didn't have the luxury of playing all their games in one country.

It's fine to debate to that bringing in Schmidt over Poolman may not have been a good move, but it doesn't change the fact that it was easier to qualify for the playoffs in the 2020/21 season than 2021/22 season.  Poolman being on the team in one year, and not in the other, is not relevant to this at all lmfao.

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

No, it's a fact lol.

Winnipeg played 6 teams for all of the 2020/21 season.  They only had to be better than three of those teams to be assured of a playoff spot.  They also had less travel to worry about since all games were in Canada.

In 2021/22, to qualify for playoffs, they would have to be among the top 3 in the Central division, or be among the top 8 in a conference of 16 teams.  They also didn't have the luxury of playing all their games in one country.

It's fine to debate to that bringing in Schmidt over Poolman may not have been a good move, but it doesn't change the fact that it was easier to qualify for the playoffs in the 2020/21 season than 2021/22 season.  Poolman being on the team in one year, and not in the other, is not relevant to this at all lmfao.

Actually it is as the team make up was nearly identical and every team had the same schedule both years. Lmfao. 

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Actually it is as the team make up was nearly identical and every team had the same schedule both years. Lmfao. 

The Winnipeg Jets played 6 teams in the 2020/21 season.  The Winnipeg Jets played 31 teams in the 2021/22 season.  The schedules between both seasons were different.

Please stop ignoring facts
Please stop derailing a thread about Kylington.

2 minutes ago, AV. said:

The Winnipeg Jets played 6 teams in the 2020/21 season.  The Winnipeg Jets played 31 teams in the 2021/22 season.  The schedules between both seasons were different.

1 hour ago, AV. said:

I'm hearing he's going to make as much as Poolman, despite being 10x the player?

Makes you wonder.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

Every team has the same schedule both seasons Poolman was more effective especially against Edmonton in the post season. And to say Kylington is 10x the player Poolman is, is quite frankly laughable at best. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Every team has the same schedule both seasons Poolman was more effective especially against Edmonton in the post season. And to say Kylington is 10x the player Poolman is, is quite frankly laughable at best. 

Ok cool.  Could have led with the bolded part to stay on topic and saved us two pages.

1 minute ago, AV. said:

Ok cool.  Could have led with the bolded part to stay on topic and saved us two pages.

1 hour ago, AV. said:

And that type of deployment led to being swept by Montreal and eventually made the Jets go out and spend a pick on getting a much more expensive defenceman in Schmidt.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, AV. said:

Resident Benning apologist has nothing topical or relevant to retort so he puts forth this sad response instead of acknowledging that, yet again, I'm correct.

Makes you wonder.

58 minutes ago, AV. said:

Actually, I compared Kylington's AAV with our defender that has the same AAV, despite our defender being a much inferior player.  A fair comparison to make in this thread since we operate in a cap world.

Never said anything about former GMs.  That's something you brought up, lil guy.

Hope that helps.

48 minutes ago, AV. said:

Which is what - making a comparison like I said I was?  What exactly is clever or being "attempted" from that? 

Nothing I can do when you're on high alert to interpret everything I say and do as negative lmfao.  Evidently, I'm the second person you're going after, so maybe it's just a you thing.

I guess this is what we've come to expect in Life with canuck73_3.

35 minutes ago, AV. said:

That's fine - I didn't say he was better, I said he was more expensive.

It doesn't refute my point, however, where the Jets felt it was better to pay for a much more expensive defenceman than re-sign Poolman.

31 minutes ago, AV. said:

Shocker.  It's harder to make the playoffs when the schedule is 82 games instead of 56 games, and a team is playing 31 teams instead of 6.

19 minutes ago, AV. said:

No, it's a fact lol.

8 minutes ago, AV. said:

I know right? 

2 minutes ago, AV. said:

:blink:

You throw derailing the thread around after derailing the thread. This thread had nothing to do with Poolman until you brought him up. 

Insult, accuse talk in circles and gaslighting is all you have. And it is easily exposed on here, as much as Kylington is when Tanev gets hurt. 

Hope this helps. ;)

• Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

You throw derailing the thread around after derailing the thread. This thread had nothing to do with Poolman until you brought him up. 

Insult, accuse talk in circles and gaslighting is all you have. And it is easily exposed on here, as much as Kylington is when Tanev gets hurt. 

Hope this helps. ;)

Except I didn't derail the thread with that comment.  It's a fair, valid comparison to make because it's two defencemen making the same amount of money.  In a time where cap is so paramount, it's a relevant discussion point.  One team is paying 2.5M for a decent defenceman with upside, the other is paying 2.5M for an infirmary patient that has a bottom-pair ceiling.

YOU commented on it and attached your own interpretation to what my comment was communicating.  That's on you and it certainly isn't the first time you've done something like this because you do this thing where you think you're being a "loyal" Canuck fan coming to the rescue of the players whenever somebody says anything that could be interpreted as a dig.

This is the truth.  Enough now.

1 minute ago, AV. said:

Except I didn't derail the thread with that comment.  It's a fair, valid comparison to make because it's two defencemen making the same amount of money.  In a time where cap is so paramount, it's a relevant discussion point.  One team is paying 2.5M for a decent defenceman with upside, the other is paying 2.5M for an infirmary patient that has a bottom-pair ceiling.

YOU commented on it and attached your own interpretation to what my comment was communicating.  That's on you and it certainly isn't the first time you've done something like this because you do this thing where you think you're being a "loyal" Canuck fan coming to the rescue of the players whenever somebody says anything that could be interpreted as a dig.

It was clearly a dig and that is your schtick. So spare me the enough now. 

10 minutes ago, awalk said:

With all these arbs settling will we see some more movement? Wen Kadri do something?

After Lou has made a pair of cap dumps and announced he mysteriously signed Dobson and Kadri 9 minutes before training camp. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AV. said:

You are comparing 2 completely different dman who were in 2 completely different situations.  Poolman had 33 hits and 73 blocks in 40 games whereas Kylington had 40 hits and 79 blocks in 73 games.  Poolman was the defensive minded dman of his pairing and Kylington was the offensive minded dman of his pairing.  You might as well compare Kylington to Hughes and Tanev to Poolman.

In addition, you are comparing a RFA signing to a UFA signing and it’s a well known fact that UFAs tend to get overpaid.

Edited by fanofvan
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

You are comparing 2 completely different dman who were in 2 completely different situations.  Poolman had 33 hits and 73 blocks in 40 games whereas Kylington had 40 hits and 79 blocks in 73 games.  Poolman was the defensive minded dman of his pairing and Kylington was the offensive minded dman of his pairing.  You might as well compare Kylington to Hughes and Tanev to Poolman.

In addition, you are comparing a RFA signing to a UFA signing and it’s a well known fact that UFAs tend to get overpaid.

So, you tell me they're two completely different dmen (which I agree)...yet, you're comparing hits and blocks.  How about goals and assists, tell me the comparison there.

I know who I'm taking for 2.5M.

4 minutes ago, AV. said:

So, you tell me they're two completely different dmen (which I agree)...yet, you're comparing hits and blocks.  How about goals and assists, tell me the comparison there.

I know who I'm taking for 2.5M.

And you get ventilated by the Oil cause Kylington is a Kyitty dman.