The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames re-sign Andrew Mangiapane

25 minutes ago, JM_ said:

was just looking at that too. 

Now that he'll likely be a 1st line player for cowtown, can he still get the chances? I'd like to see one of those colour maps of where he gets his goals. 

spacer.png
He generates most of his scoring opportunities in front of the net/slot. Which is why he’ll probably gets the first crack at playing with Huberdeau, a guy who loves to make those high danger passes.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, shiznak said:

spacer.png
He generates most of his scoring opportunities in front of the net/slot. Which is why he’ll probably gets the first crack at playing with Huberdeau, a guy who loves to make those high danger passes.

thx.

Yeah they might try that for sure. He played most of his time with Backlund as his C so maybe thats the line they try. 

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/linestats.php?fromseason=20212022&thruseason=20212022&stype=2&sit=5v5&score=all&rate=n&team=CGY&vteam=ALL&view=wowy&loc=B&gpfilt=none&fd=2021-10-12&td=2022-05-01&tgp=2000&strict=incl&p1=8478233&p2=8477496&p3=0&p4=8474150&p5=0

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The reference to “Loaf” in the tweet only leads  to “Toast”….  anything else with bread is an unnatural death.  

Calgary is toast. 

Jump Smile GIF by Gello Hoodbye

I think the Italian brethren on this forum understand my point quite well. ;)

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I think the Italian brethren on this forum understand my point quite well. ;)

Na.  Loaf is a dumperoo, so Cowpie.  “Did that cow just pinch a loaf?”

Cowpie players are puck suckers.  

True Canuck fans would never pay a compliment (even a backhanded one) to a puck sucking Cowpie player. 

Magpie is a Cowpie (Loaf) pinched by a cow. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Na.  Loaf is a dumperoo, so Cowpie.  “Did that cow just pinch a loaf?”

Cowpie players are puck suckers.  

True Canuck fans would never pay a compliment (even a backhanded one) to a puck sucking Cowpie player. 

Magpie is a Cowpie (Loaf) pinched by a cow. 

It wasn’t a compliment. ;)

10 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Zero chance they were trading him at 1st in the division. 

That wasn’t the point of what I was saying though. I was just talking about the potential return on a Gaudreau-level player type trade. 

7 hours ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Naw Brock trashes Maggie

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Magpie is a puck sucker.  He’s a 2.5 mil per player.  He belongs on the Cowpies.  No more Gnome and Puker to help him.  Magpie is a Way overpaid LOSER! 

Hard to argue with analysis like that. ::D

No offense, @Alf . I always enjoy your rants. And I agree that your basic instincts are usually on target. But I am pretty sure you are under-rating Mangiapane. 

19 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

Does he interact with cowpies a lot because he plays in cow town or would he do that in other cities as well 

Other than Peter’s Place burgers, I can’t think of a reason to like anything about Cowpie. 

6 hours ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

Mangiapane is worth it, a good deal IMO for Calgary. His two-way capabilities are pretty impressive.

image.png.94ef7805e44acfa331832054c8f80b31.png

I agree. I think this was a good signing for Calgary. I'm sure they would have liked to add a year or two more to this price. But clearly based on his points last year and looking at the advance stats here, the dude can play well. 

Also limited to 3rd line minutes last year from the sounds of it and will likely be in their top 6 next season. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, JamesB said:

Hard to argue with analysis like that. ::D

No offense, @Alf . I always enjoy your rants. And I agree that your basic instincts are usually on target. But I am pretty sure you are under-rating Mangiapane. 

I agree he’s (Maggie) is a good little player I don’t think he did much in the playoffs but that might be a coaching problem not sure lots of good players not on the ice …but I think 35 is a high for snipes …we shall see if big Brock does anything in playoffs if he gets a chance of course 

• Cheers 1