The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks GM Patrik Allvin Chimes In..

Rate this topic

Canuck You

42 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Personally, I like this new regime..It's refreshing and feels like we finally have people with proper experience running the show.

How does one interview make you feel like this is refreshing? I guarantee that anyone else who comes in and talks about the team would sound refreshing if they are not Benning. That doesn't mean that anything is necessarily happening.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

Personally, I like this new regime..It's refreshing and feels like we finally have people with proper experience running the show.

Thanks for sharing.  

I appreciate the new regime as well, feeling hopeful for the future although they have not done much in the way of on-ice transformations yet, which I think we sorely need.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Management has yet to put its stamp on the team, Allvin needs to step up and show he was the right man for the job.

step 1: get russians

step 2: ????

step 3: profit

Hoping step 2 in trade miller and fix defense. 

Agreed. I for one am giving them until after next year's draft before making any real judgments. What's your judgement timeline? 

Just now, Bure_Pavel said:

Trade deadline this year, should be plenty of time to wheel and deal. 

That's fair. I'll probably have a real good sense of if I like the new group or not by the deadline, but something gut feel is telling me they have been targeting the 2023 draft for big moves since they got here. We'll see but I think in the meantime, it's gonna be a tough middle of the pack year again.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

This management group shouldn't be judged by fans impatience.

I would much rather them make the right moves rather than the fast moves out of desperation or pressure from media and fans. 

GMJB was exciting - I remember he made four big trades over a two day period. His first three trades were good, then 13 out of his next 15 trades were kinda bad (Bieksa for a 2nd was good, and Shinkaruk for Granlund wasn't bad although Granlund was the epitomy of mediocrity). 

After that his trades were pretty good for the most part but his signings and cap management became abysmal. Regardless, he was certainly not idle handed but he seemed to lack direction. 

Also he almost avoided developing players like the plague. Our prospects mostly developed in NCAA or Europe and he kept trying to acquire old prospects to jump right into the NHL. Guys that we did develop were let go pretty quick. I think if he just focused on player development instead of knee jerk trades and expensive signings to fill secondary holes he would have been a decent GM. 

Edited by canucklehead44

2 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

GMJB was exciting - I remember he made four big trades over a two day period. His first three trades were good, then 13 out of his next 15 trades were kinda bad (Bieksa for a 2nd was good, and Shinkaruk for Granlund wasn't bad although Granlund was the epitomy of mediocrity). 

After that his trades were pretty good for the most part but his signings and cap management became abysmal. Regardless, he was certainly not idle handed but he seemed to lack direction. 

A half a bag of pucks would have been a good deal for Shrink-rack.

Should have traded him asap though when people thought he was going to be a player.