The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks GM Patrik Allvin Chimes In..

Rate this topic

Canuck You

8 hours ago, iceman64 said:

For real? Tanev and Toffi? Omg.. ok when I stop laughing I'll reply to that. Next you'll say it about Edler then I'll really laugh

Well, some have low standards.

A proffessional should be proffessional in every situation. 

Benning wasn't able to be proffessional. 

So laugh as much you can. B)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GB5 said:

Fair enough but that wasn't my point. Point was that the current roster is still essentially the Benning core which the main reason to get excited about them is that they finished well under BB and the young guys are a year older and hopefully better.

This is still far from being an Allvin constructed team.

Why is some posters here only focused on the players? 
A GM isn’t a scout or a coach.

It is the leader of a multi million company that needs to be extremely good at communicating.

Communicating skills and intelligence is way above anything regarding scouting.

And… The GM leads by example.

Benning didn’t have a great character wich means his players doesn’t have to bother either. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, iceman64 said:

That's funny, especially your last bit. Our not much of anything went on 2 exceptionally long winning streaks. Oh right the NHL is full of 31 useless teams and that didn't mean we were close to having a really good roster that add a few finishing touches like JR did and that HE called it a decent roster that's easy to work with. Oh yeah I guess the CDC knows better than some old guy with some Stanley cups.. what was I thinking? 

So your antics is to make fun and laugh at other posters… You can shake hands with Benning then as he had a similar character.

The proof is in the pudding. Bennings long gone and we’ll see if he ever get a job as GM again. 

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Why is some posters here only focused on the players? 
A GM isn’t a scout or a coach.

It is the leader of a multi million company that needs to be extremely good at communicating.

Communicating skills and intelligence is way above anything regarding scouting.

And… The GM leads by example.

Benning didn’t have a great character wich means his players doesn’t have to bother either. 

Interesting.. so to win in the NHL you need a great communicating president and gm?????

I'm not defending Brnning but I am not bashing him either, time to move on from that.

Point being the current management group haven't really done much in 9 months other than hire a bunch of people so I'm not going to get overly excited for these folks just because they project a certain confidence.

11 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Interesting.. so to win in the NHL you need a great communicating president and gm?????

I'm not defending Brnning but I am not bashing him either, time to move on from that.

Point being the current management group haven't really done much in 9 months other than hire a bunch of people so I'm not going to get overly excited for these folks just because they project a certain confidence.

All of those things are related.  They have fixed as many things off ice as they can.  That includes literally changing the structure of buildings.  Those were changes could be made immediately.  On the ice requires more patience.  Why?  Benning!  Perhaps it’s time to stop complaining about him but his problems still exist.

Hating on them (not saying you’re doing this but others have) because they haven’t changed the world in a few months makes no sense.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/3/2022 at 12:32 PM, DeltaSwede said:

This management group shouldn't be judged by fans impatience.

I would much rather them make the right moves rather than the fast moves out of desperation or pressure from media and fans. 

Fans are impatient because he is just like Benning did "running out of time". Either the plan is to to sign Miller to Huberdeau money or let him walk UFA. The ship is sailing on a trade there. 

The Defense is still un balanced. All they've really done is hire some ladies for good PR and sign some wingers. 

JR/PA's patience 

Fail Novak Djokovic GIF by Australian Open

36 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I'm not going to get overly excited for these folks just because they project a certain confidence.

Why not?

Perhaps you don't need to get overly excited (like me) but pretty excited and looking forward to camp and the season with improvements from JB and TG forward is very good entertainment and fun.

Team was playing very well last half; we have some new guys who bring skills to much needed areas like team defense, PK, and maybe even PP.

Lots of off the ice improvements and more coming.

Lots to be excited about including watching our prospects in the upcoming tournaments.

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Fans are impatient because he is just like Benning did "running out of time". Either the plan is to to sign Miller to Huberdeau money or let him walk UFA. The ship is sailing on a trade there. 

The Defense is still un balanced. All they've really done is hire some ladies for good PR and sign some wingers. 

JR/PA's patience 

At first people were willing to be patient with JB as well.  Just because he blew it doesn’t make that wrong and it doesn’t mean that someone else has also blown it.

You’re projecting that he’ll say “we ran out of time” before situations are even resolved.  And even if he did.  Does that mean he’ll be unable to fix the situation for years?  All very pessimistic fortune telling.

32 minutes ago, hammertime said:

JR/PA's patience 

Come on now, they weren’t just hired for “good PR”. Both are well qualified for their positions.

It’s this kind of attitude that they’re trying to eliminate.

41 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

At first people were willing to be patient with JB as well.  Just because he blew it doesn’t make that wrong and it doesn’t mean that someone else has also blown it.

You’re projecting that he’ll say “we ran out of time” before situations are even resolved.  And even if he did.  Does that mean he’ll be unable to fix the situation for years?  All very pessimistic fortune telling.

He doesn't have to say it. Clock is ticking. You don't do a Miller trade mid season in a playoff race. 

They've done nothing about our D or lack there of. 

We needed a 3c to allow Bo to play more offence. And a Defensive RHD to allow Hughes OEL to play to their strengths. And we got wingers. 

They are so patient they are practically on life support. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

He doesn't have to say it. Clock is ticking. You don't do a Miller trade mid season in a playoff race. 

We needed a 3c to allow Bo to play more offence. And a Defensive RHD to allow Hughes OEL to play to their strengths. And we got wingers. 

Agree to disagree I guess.  I never thought they would fix all of those problems in one off-season so I’m not surprised.  They have said as much also.

So far managements decisions and fan reactions have largely gone the way I thought they would.  I am therefore not as concerned as you seem to be.

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

What? Benning handcuffed the new management so much I truly believe Benning did it on purpose when he knew he was on the way out. 

• Haha 4

On 8/6/2022 at 10:42 AM, bigbadcanucks said:

You're the idiot that argued Michael Jordan played college ball at DePaul, right?  Okay.  Run along.

Pretty sure he played a bit there before NC but no big deal, go play in traffic lil boy.. 

Edited by iceman64

4 hours ago, Timråfan said:

What? Benning handcuffed the new management so much I truly believe Benning did it on purpose when he knew he was on the way out. 

Yeah he handcuffed us with JT Miller, we're fu_ked!!! Done forever, both those 2 long winning streaks last season didn't really happen, we all imagined it.

And signing Demko? Wtf was Benning thinking? We be soooo screwed!!! Sell the franchise Aquaman, we're done!!

3 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Yeah he handcuffed us with JT Miller, we're fu_ked!!! Done forever, both those 2 long winning streaks last season didn't really happen, we all imagined it.

And signing Demko? Wtf was Benning thinking? We be soooo screwed!!! Sell the franchise Aquaman, we're done!!

Cherrypicking much huh?

Hughes contract was really good also but that isn’t enough.

The bad stuff made a lot of problems and you seem to think that spending every cap space available is good. 
Why? It is so stupid to do so when you’re a  bottom or middle team. 

1 hour ago, Timråfan said:

Cherrypicking much huh?

Hughes contract was really good also but that isn’t enough.

The bad stuff made a lot of problems and you seem to think that spending every cap space available is good. 
Why? It is so stupid to do so when you’re a  bottom or middle team. 

Dude.. that was last year and the middling team that went on 2 really good runs before running out of gas and time at the end of the season. now this upgraded roster is a lot better and if we'd have had these guys instead of Rous, LE, and Sutter we would have made the playoffs easily last year (however that was the best available at the time) but getting top tier supporting cast is the hardest thing to do in this league because everyone knows that ups your odds of winning a cup by a decent margin.

And with the exception of Kuz, I haven't seen his d-game but our other 3 new additions are going to help to take the pressure off Demko and the D so if we go into the season with what we have I predict we'll end up at least 10-13th overall.. you call it cherrypicking but I call it as I see it, if we can go on winning streaks in the best league in the world x2 as in last season and we're a ton better now. We're hardly middling, I'm not sure whether it's hating on JB and mostly still his roster irks you but for all the F-ups he made as a rookie GM, there was a lot he did right. If you can't admit that then why bother even discussing any of it 

1 hour ago, iceman64 said:

Dude.. that was last year and the middling team that went on 2 really good runs before running out of gas and time at the end of the season. now this upgraded roster is a lot better and if we'd have had these guys instead of Rous, LE, and Sutter we would have made the playoffs easily last year (however that was the best available at the time) but getting top tier supporting cast is the hardest thing to do in this league because everyone knows that ups your odds of winning a cup by a decent margin.

And with the exception of Kuz, I haven't seen his d-game but our other 3 new additions are going to help to take the pressure off Demko and the D so if we go into the season with what we have I predict we'll end up at least 10-13th overall.. you call it cherrypicking but I call it as I see it, if we can go on winning streaks in the best league in the world x2 as in last season and we're a ton better now. We're hardly middling, I'm not sure whether it's hating on JB and mostly still his roster irks you but for all the F-ups he made as a rookie GM, there was a lot he did right. If you can't admit that then why bother even discussing any of it 

I think we went past each other now…

As I repeted a lot of times.

A GM isn’t a scout.

All of you talking about Benning as good only speak of the roster.

Why judge a GM based on the roster when it’s a ton of people involved in the roster process?

A GM should be judged on valuation of the team(company), communication skills and shrewdness in business. Neither was anything Benning was good at even.

This isn’t hating.

It’s an analyse using business googles.

Try that sometime…

Almost every team in NHL should be able to compete for playoff since there are a cap limit.

So if you’re at bottom you failed, tries to save money or is in tank mode.

• Cheers 1