The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Video] All Access - Draft and Development Camp

Rate this topic

MrCanuck94

This was fantastic, thanks

"Don't want a 3rd Line guy, can get those guys in free agency. We want a difference maker."   and I think they got one.

Talking about Lekkerimaki before their pick at the Draft, they had him ranked at #7, Allvin was so excited. I almost got choked up when he announced his name in the video (even though I watched the Draft already). It just seemed like a really big moment, not just for Lekkerimaki, but for the entire management team and the Canucks. 

Looks like Allvin had his A/GMs make the picks from 3-7. Neat.

Todd Harvey selected Elias Pettersson #2, who looks like a beast, he's going to be real good one day, I think. Cammi Granato selected Daimon Gardner.

Cool that Ryan Johnson wants the prospects to understand the Canucks history before joining the team. Instilling some Canucks pride early.

Gotta say, Komisarek looks good in Canucks colours

Also like that they took the prospects out into the community to work/play with the kids, get them involved in that kind of stuff, charity work, etc. Do other teams do that?

I really love this team, and I think they're in very good hands with JR and Allvin (and their management team). 

Seeing this video rises a lot of questions:

1) Why would a team give away their meeting dynamics via a public video? Now competing teams can see the way meetings are held, the type of questions raised etc. Other teams make decisions only between top 3 staff members I.e. Toronto only Shanny and Dubas make the calls in this video it shows whole organization sitting around the table.

Now other teams can consider this as well, its kind of dumb to give away organizational secrets.

2) Canucks management talking about skill > character. This again teams can use that if they have players of high skill to trade they know Canucks prefer skill over character etc huge advantage to trade partners seeing this.

3) If the draft tables are that close together it baffles my mind that no one thought of firmly planting them selves or their scouts right next to competitor tables and just eves drop on their discussions. They cant force you to move but you can hear clear as day what they are going to do.

Huge mistake to have the teams sitting right next to each other and basically can't prevent others from walking straight to their table and listening.

6 hours ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

1) Why would a team give away their meeting dynamics via a public video? Now competing teams can see the way meetings are held, the type of questions raised etc. Other teams make decisions only between top 3 staff members I.e. Toronto only Shanny and Dubas make the calls in this video it shows whole organization sitting around the table.

Now other teams can consider this as well, its kind of dumb to give away organizational secrets.

2) Canucks management talking about skill > character. This again teams can use that if they have players of high skill to trade they know Canucks prefer skill over character etc huge advantage to trade partners seeing this.

3) If the draft tables are that close together it baffles my mind that no one thought of firmly planting them selves or their scouts right next to competitor tables and just eves drop on their discussions. They cant force you to move but you can hear clear as day what they are going to do.

Huge mistake to have the teams sitting right next to each other and basically can't prevent others from walking straight to their table and listening.

It might be a trick.

They want character and not skill. JR decides etc… :bigblush:

11 hours ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Way too naive to think that they're recklessly giving away their secrets... Come on now.:rolleyes:

12 hours ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Nobody cares that much to swindle a single GM. A GM is gonna do what they're gonna do regardless. If you're making your moves based on the actions of another GM, you're not a good GM.