The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Juho Lammikko signs with ZSC Lions (Switzerland)

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

I seriously think he always got confused. Agent : my 4th liner client wants a 3x3 ( meaning 3m over 3 years ) 

Jb: 3m per over 3 years. Done! 

Agent : uh, yeah thanks jim

haha. A small but very important detail! 

1 hour ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

a little surprised he couldn't land a league min. contract or decent two-way considering he comes to play and can play all three forward positions, but a good get for the Lions - he'll probably come 1st or 2nd on their team in points with Azevedo starting the year hurt. Gronberg will like his tenacity no doubt.

I as well. I liked his game and think as a big body, he still has some upside. I would of liked him here, but I understand experimenting with upgrades.

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Another prime example of how low our standards our. Many of us figured he's a good 4th liner. Nobody else in the NHL thinks that clearly

I think one problem with the previous regime is they often targeted players that were way too similar. The thought process being: This guy kind of plays hard, and can kind of forecheck, and is kind of fast but not really, can maybe score some goals but not really, is kind of undersized. 

Sounds like our whole 4th line last year plus Dickinson, and Poolman on the back end in a way. Also reminds me of Granlund, Baerstchi and Juolevi. They paid some of these guys for the "maybes" and "kind ofs" and hoping they would develop their "overall ok at lots of stuff" game. 

The new regime has seemingly a different approach that targets more stand out attributes. Mikheyev = crazy speed. Dakota Joshua = Size and grit. 

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

I as well. I liked his game and think as a big body, he still has some upside. I would of liked him here, but I understand experimenting with upgrades.

Yea - I would've liked him potentially as a 13th forward or call-up, but definitely see Lazar as an upgrade for the team in a few ways - even though they have comparable general stats, Lazar:

1. Team had a much better SH SVP with him on the ice, even tho Juho had the benefit of Demko in net. Canucks desperately need PK help

2. The physical side of the game - Juho has a lot of tenacity, but Lazar is bigger and throws his weight around way more

3. Right-handed - luck of the draw for players themselves, but Canucks needed another right handed player who can face-off - even tho Juho was good on faceoffs last year

Even tho Lazar isn't a *huge* upgrade on paper, those three minor things are definitely worth the 150k cap hit increase IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Another prime example of how low our standards our. Many of us figured he's a good 4th liner. Nobody else in the NHL thinks that clearly

What are you talking about, this is the Domino we’ve been waiting for. With Lammer off the market JTs value goes sky high, trade imminent. ;):bigblush:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Gets paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play hockey in Switzerland, he'll get by 

He will get paid hundreds of thousands of swiss franc - abbreviation CHF.

1. Great place to live, Zurich is directly located next to a beautiful lake.

2. Swiss league is a pretty good league in Europe. I would consider the league to be within the top 5 in Europe (SHL, Liga, DEL, Swiss League, Czech League).

3. will make more money in Switzerland than in other leagues in Europe like in Germany in the DEL.

Good decision.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Y'all really still thinking about Benning? It's equally pathetic as it is hilarious.

Lots of people are still whinging about Gillis being the reason our team has sucked for the last 8 years.  I think folks get a pass on complaining about Benning just a few months later when the team is still in the midst of trying to fix his messes.

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

Lots of people are still whinging about Gillis being the reason our team has sucked for the last 8 years.  I think folks get a pass on complaining about Benning just a few months later when the team is still in the midst of trying to fix his messes.

It was so hard to get out from Lammikko's deal, glad that ZSC Lions took the bait!