The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Juho Lammikko signs with ZSC Lions (Switzerland)

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

He will get paid hundreds of thousands of swiss franc - abbreviation CHF.

1. Great place to live, Zurich is directly located next to a beautiful lake.

2. Swiss league is a pretty good league in Europe. I would consider the league to be within the top 5 in Europe (SHL, Liga, DEL, Swiss League, Czech League).

3. will make more money in Switzerland than in other leagues in Europe like in Germany in the DEL.

Good decision.

I didn't even know there were 5 leagues in Europe...

2 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

He will get paid hundreds of thousands of swiss franc - abbreviation CHF.

1. Great place to live, Zurich is directly located next to a beautiful lake.

2. Swiss league is a pretty good league in Europe. I would consider the league to be within the top 5 in Europe (SHL, Liga, DEL, Swiss League, Czech League).

3. will make more money in Switzerland than in other leagues in Europe like in Germany in the DEL.

Good decision.

4. image.jpeg.2cdbe572381928645c62e6d5669c5b4a.jpeg

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

Lots of people are still whinging about Gillis being the reason our team has sucked for the last 8 years.  I think folks get a pass on complaining about Benning just a few months later when the team is still in the midst of trying to fix his messes.

Well all things considered our 5 most tradeable assets after Gillis had full NTC or NMC  and the 2 that did waive would only waive for Florida (Lu) Anaheim and Chicago (who had no cap space) Kesler. Benning inherited a bigger mess than what he left and it is not even debatable. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

He had a fantastic second half - I thought he might even develop into a third liner. Not a huge loss but surprised he couldn't stick in the NHL.

I’m surprised he wasn’t brought back to play LW on the 4th line at minimums or on a 2way. A good skating LW that was decent/good in the faceoff circle. Bad decision imho….

Another strike for a FO everyone wants to appoint best ever after doing sweet FA. The waste of a 3rd and 1.5m on Dermott is another strike.

Edited by BC_Hawk

7 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Another prime example of how low our standards our. Many of us figured he's a good 4th liner. Nobody else in the NHL thinks that clearly

I don’t think there’s a problem appreciating that he was a good 4C for us at evens.  He worked hard, played physical and had a few nice moments.  

Teams probably just looking for guys a bit stronger on the PK or right handed for face offs.  (Like Lazar!)  

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, JM_ said:

I'm a little surprised that he didn't get (or sign) a two-way deal to stay in Abby. 

Well, I guess this means ANA won the 2016 draft. 

He would probably spend most of that time in Abbotsford and be a pushed down the depth chart as a fringe player for the big team's roster considering we added guys like Joshua and Mikheyev. 

I think management is also prioritizing the young guys like Lockwood for the bottom six roles. 

So if you're choosing between Zurich Switzerland and Vancouver/Abbotsford..... I think it's a pretty easy decision. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

He would probably spend most of that time in Abbotsford and be a pushed down the depth chart as a fringe player for the big team's roster considering we added guys like Joshua and Mikheyev. 

I think management is also prioritizing the young guys like Lockwood for the bottom six roles. 

So if you're choosing between Zurich Switzerland and Vancouver/Abbotsford..... I think it's a pretty easy decision. 

The problem is more the guys that would currently get pushed down the depth chart; none of them are valuable in a 4th line role. Your better off figuring out your top 9, then jettison any > 1m contracts to create caproom. Not resigning a true 4th liner whom performed in the role is not great.

Lamm-Lazar-Highmore would of been a great 4th. Pearson/hogs-Lazar-Joshua….meh.