The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames re-sign Jonathan Huberdeau

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Also, I’m going to predict that this contract is going to be an albatross around the team’s neck in about 5-6 years. 

1000% agree, so do the Flames. However like I said a bit ago, stars will cost you both in money and term. I guess 4-5 years with all star caliber on your team, trumps the last 3(ish) years of medericousaty. Boils down if your in a win now-3 years mode, or a in another 3-4 years win mode. Don't need to say anymore then that why Miller is not a good long term sighing. Does Not make it easier as he is the shat. To bad he wasn't around in 2011. Or when were the top legit contender in 2025/6. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 70seven said:

So much for re-signing Miller

Shouldn't be as expensive for 2 reasons:

Playing under Boudreau is a hell of a lot preferable to playing under Sutter

Vanvouver's a nice city to live in, while Calgary is an absolute dump full of inbred imbeciles.

Huberdeau got an extra couple of million to play in that dump

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Shouldn't be as expensive for 2 reasons:

Playing under Boudreau is a hell of a lot preferable to playing under Sutter

Vanvouver's a nice city to live in, while Calgary is an absolute dump full of inbred imbeciles.

Huberdeau got an extra couple of million to play in that dump

If he actually trains there in the offseason and enjoys it that ain't the argument you think it is

Sutter has won cups, Boudreau hasn't 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

If he actually trains there in the offseason and enjoys it that ain't the argument you think it is

Sutter has won cups, Boudreau hasn't 

Boudreau's players respect him; Sutter got locked out of his own dressing room because he's a complete scumbag.  The Flamers got damn lucky if they managed to find someone who actually likes living in one of the worst cities in North America in front of the worst people in the country.  Most players have more self-respect than that, including Miller.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Boudreau's players respect him; Sutter got locked out of his own dressing room because he's a complete scumbag.  The Flamers got damn lucky if they managed to find someone who actually likes living in one of the worst cities in North America in front of the worst people in the country.  Most players have more self-respect than that, including Miller.

Believe it or not, I'm sure players have respected Sutter too. All coaches have a shelf life, that's how pro sports go. Boudreau has one too, doubt he's here in three years.

It's fun to dump on Alberta but you consistently lean into hyperbole.

If anything this signing gives Miller more leverage.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

My buddy said Huberdeau trains in Calgary every summer and loves it out there.  There was no reason for him not to re-sign in Calgary.

So if Huberdeau is getting 10.5x8 as a 30 year old what is Miller worth?  I'm still laughing at people who think Miller will sign for under $8 million...

Treliving had to fly to Montreal to meet Huberdeau.  Why go cross-country if he trains there in the summer.

Edited by mll
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Believe it or not, I'm sure players have respected Sutter too. All coaches have a shelf life, that's how pro sports go. Boudreau has one too, doubt he's here in three years.

It's fun to dump on Alberta but you consistently lean into hyperbole.

If anything this signing gives Miller more leverage.

I'm being generous by calling that hellhole one of the worst cities, although Edmonton has to be in the mix.  I'm 100% serious when I say that no one in their right mind who is well off would want to live in a ****hole like that filled with the ignorant pieces of **** that cheer for the Flames; I feel sorry for Huberdeau's family.  This makes Miller's last year more valuable as a rental if anything.

• Huggy Bear 1

Well GMPA and PoHOJR are totally screwed now and mis played their hand. 

We are down to holding on to Miller and let him walk, trading him for scraps, or signing him to this kind of monstrous deal that will ensure we not winning the cup with Petey and co.

All are poison for their reputation here.

They better pull a rabbit out of the hat or they ain't gonna last long. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

My buddy said Huberdeau trains in Calgary every summer and loves it out there.  There was no reason for him not to re-sign in Calgary.

So if Huberdeau is getting 10.5x8 as a 30 year old what is Miller worth?  I'm still laughing at people who think Miller will sign for under $8 million...

There's no chance 10/9.5 if it's 6 years less for more term but yah not under 8 in any world 

• Upvote 1