The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[DEBATE] Who is one NHL player you would have loved to see play in today's NHL?

Rate this topic

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes, the debates are back for a 2nd year!!!   :)

Who you picking as the one player you would have loved to see play in today's NHL?  Remember you can only pick one.  Since there are so many players I'd love to see I didn't bother to create a list, so you can pick anyone you want.  Have fun and enjoy...  :)

You.  

Elias Pettersson.

'Lias is our idol

'Lias scores so many 'Marchanding' goals

'Lias is our idol

Where the heck is that video?

Is it just me, or does Google fail a lot more than is used to?

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

I do miss a lot of the big strong players like Lindros, but as for a guy who could succeed more in today's game, it's probably more skilled guy. I think Naslund would have scored 50+ goals in his prime in the modern NHL. Ziggy Palffy would also be an interesting watch. He was already great in the dead puck era, but with more space, I can imagine he would be one of the best in the game in today's league.

Would also be really interesting to see how older legends like Howe, Richard, Lindsay, Kelly, etc. played in todays game. Goaltenders would have the biggest adjustment, I suspect, as no position has changed more since the Original Six era than goaltending.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I do miss a lot of the big strong players like Lindros, but as for a guy who could succeed more in today's game, it's probably more skilled guy. I think Naslund would have scored 50+ goals in his prime in the modern NHL. Ziggy Palffy would also be an interesting watch. He was already great in the dead puck era, but with more space, I can imagine he would be one of the best in the game in today's league.

Would also be really interesting to see how older legends like Howe, Richard, Lindsay, Kelly, etc. played in todays game. Goaltenders would have the biggest adjustment, I suspect, as no position has changed more since the Original Six era than goaltending.

I was going to say Hasek due to him coming over later in his career as well but I can imagine him driving the goalie coach insane.  I do wonder if today's D would be able to stand up to the physicality of a Lindros.  I'm glad Hughes doesn't have to go out against him.

25 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd also like to see how many suspensions Gordie Howe would get over the course of his career under today's rules.

He wouldn’t even be able to set foot on the ice as he would fail all PED tests Lol. 

Another player that comes to mind for me would be Adam Oates. Would definitely put up multiple 100 assists seasons. 

Edited by Odd.