Chubarov Chubarov Chubarov 

Hansen Hansen 

Hansen Hansen 

Hansen Hansen 

Weeks

Weeks 

An all Hansen D Core would be highly entertaining. Well done!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No love for Petri Skriko? I had season tix *** in the 80's while he was playing, so I saw him a lot. I recall him being a skilled, dynamic player.

The people in my section would chant "Go Finlander go!!!" when he had the puck. Good times.

*** IIRC the price back then was under $500 for the Green tier (there was Green - upper, Blue - mid, and Reds - lower).

In those days you could move down to the lower bowl (Reds) unimpeded, so it was an even sweeter deal (paying for cheap Green seats) watching games from the lower rows, with a different seat/vantage point from game to game.

Edited by Sophomore Jinx

On 8/31/2022 at 8:30 PM, TheRocket18 said:

Miller Petterson Bure

Naslund Horvat Bertuzzi

Linden Sedin Sedin 

Tanti Mogilny Neely

Burrows

Hughes Ohlund

Jovo Edler

Reinhart Lidster

Luongo

Brodeur

McLean

This one is pretty close to the best one of all. I might put Naslund with the twins, and Linden with Horvat and Bert. I'd also put Smyl in that lineup somewhere too. D would look good with Tallon in there somewhere too. What a fun lineup for the Big Irishman to coach too.

My shot

Miller Petey Bure

Linden Horvat Bert

Naslund D and H Sedin

Smyl Mogilny (on his contract year) Neely

Hughes Ohlund

Edler Jovo

Tallon Lidster

Extras Tanti, Gradin, Reinhart

Coach Pat Quinn

• Cheers 1

On 8/7/2022 at 9:10 PM, Jd83 said:

I recently saw the article on pavel bure, that suggested he would kill it in today’s nhl. Which made think it would be fun to make my own version of the best canucks team using past or present players. Would love to see everyone’s teams that they would put together. Here is the team I would ice. 

coach, Alain vigneault 

d.sedin, h.sedin, naslund,

bure, linden, bertuzzi,

morisson, kesler, burrows,

adams, horvat, ronning, 

salo, murzyn,

hamhuis, Malik,

erhoff, w Mitchell,

schneider

luongo 

I stopped reading at coach, Alain vigneault.

On 9/10/2022 at 3:55 PM, Sophomore Jinx said:

No love for Petri Skriko? I had season tix *** in the 80's while he was playing, so I saw him a lot. I recall him being a skilled, dynamic player.

The people in my section would chant "Go Finlander go!!!" when he had the puck. Good times.

*** IIRC the price back then was under $500 for the Green tier (there was Green - upper, Blue - mid, and Reds - lower).

In those days you could move down to the lower bowl (Reds) unimpeded, so it was an even sweeter deal (paying for cheap Green seats) watching games from the lower rows, with a different seat/vantage point from game to game.

Skriko was awesome but I'd probably have him as a 5th liner / black ace.  Those 80s teams had a handful of great forwards, but I would have Skriko just behind Tanti and Sundstrom as well as Smyl and Gradin and around par with Rota and Pederson.  That was some really nice depth of 75-80 point guys...we just needed one or two 100 point guys to compete in the Smythe in those days.  Every team in the Smythe had AT LEAST two 100 point players whereas by the time the 80s were over, the Canucks had only had one player ever crack 90 points in their whole history.  The Oilers had at least five 100 point players on the same team against the Canucks before the Canucks ever had one 100 point player in their whole history.

I'm also noticing little to no love for Kevin McCarthy, Doug Halward, Dale Tallon and Rick Lanz.  Those are four guys I would at least consider for the third pairing.  Good old Harold as well.

Edited by Kevin Biestra