The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grading Every NHL Team's Centre Depth... woohoo! Canucks should be right up there! Wait... what???

Rate this topic

HKSR

6 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Puts Toronto in elite, lists Adam Gaudette :lol: wow Jost is useless. 

He's the 4th center and his NHL numbers do seem like he's a fit in that position. So I don't see why it hurts the credibility of the article especially since the Top 2 is still very impressive.

As for The Canucks' placing it seems about right if look at the teams Canucks are grouped with and the fact Dickinson is the 3rd line center right now. Plus I don't see why Vancouver should be on the same level as New Jersey, Pittsburgh, or Tampa. 

I get the other question is how come Pettersson isn't listed as center. but as someone pointed out, he's listed in the LW there, rightfully or wrongly, Though it does bump up Canucks in that position so that's is also a good thing even at the expense on how the teams rank in the middle. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

At the end of the day if Petey plays C next year, we are stacked

Kuzmenko Petey Garland

Pearson Miller Boeser

Mikheyev Horvat Podkolzin

each player can put up 20 goals

That lineup still has too many question marks to me. Kuzmenzko hasn't even played a single NHL game yet and Podkolzin has to take a huge step forward for the 3rd like to be effective. 

20 hours ago, iinatcc said:

That lineup still has too many question marks to me. Kuzmenzko hasn't even played a single NHL game yet and Podkolzin has to take a huge step forward for the 3rd like to be effective. 

Exactly.

Love words like if or can. Aka has never.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:21 PM, iinatcc said:

Some questions marks, but we can reasonably assume that Kuzmenko will likely be at least somewhat productive given his numbers in thr KHL. It's also reasonable to assume that Podkolzin will produce at a higher clip than he did last season, considering his age and how he seemed to progress during the course of the season last year, scoring at what most would consider to be a top 6 pace during his final month of the season. 

3 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Some questions marks, but we can reasonably assume that Kuzmenko will likely be at least somewhat productive given his numbers in thr KHL. It's also reasonable to assume that Podkolzin will produce at a higher clip than he did last season, considering his age and how he seemed to progress during the course of the season last year, scoring at what most would consider to be a top 6 pace during his final month of the season. 

For Kuzmenko production in the KHL is too much a of wild card since we have seen Panarin and Shipachyov going in completely different directions.

For Podkolzin that is also possible but the same argument can be that young players in the same team will take an equal step forward. Example is Quinton Byfield, who basically was a 0.25 PPG player last season a tad lower than Podkolzin but it's also possible Byfield will take an almost equal step forward and this gives the Kings probably the Top 3 best center depth in the Western Conference (and possible the best in the Pacific). 

Edited by iinatcc