The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Robin Lehner to miss entire 2022-23 season

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What goalie would sign there until it was confirmed he’d be out the season?

And they had no cap room without knowing Lehner was going to LTIR for the year.   They are screwed.  Dipietro would be a good move.  Or they could have Martin for a first and a top prospect.  

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I don't know. I guess maybe they'll play with 6 skaters or find a goalie somewhere. Or maybe they'll fold. :canucks:

Varlamov as per above. Raanta.

Look at Ville Husso. It's not like there are only 31 goalies in the world. Not exactly my area of expertise although I imagine they will come up with something. 

Raanta would be a good option for them. I hope they have to overpay to get anyone, though. Whoever they do get, along with their shaky backup situation, likely won't be great for them to succeed, though. Here's hoping. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Raanta would be a good option for them. I hope they have to overpay to get anyone, though. Whoever they do get, along with their shaky backup situation, likely won't be great for them to succeed, though. Here's hoping. 

Yeah, I also wonder if Comrie, Francouz, Gibson, or Vladar are options as well. It's maybe even possible they stop gap the position and try to get someone close to the deadline depending on the season. 

But yeah, screw the f#$king Knights!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

I would wager big that Vegas management knew about Lehner before they traded fo Webber. 

Why would it have changed anything?

They were trying to clear Dadonov's 5M and that was their cheapest option to get rid of that contract.  

10 hours ago, mll said:

Why would it have changed anything?

They were trying to clear Dadonov's 5M and that was their cheapest option to get rid of that contract.  

They have a lot of cap room to find a goalie and fill some holes

on their roster as a result of all that LTIR. Lehner is on his way out in Vegas, he is not the goalie of their future. 

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

They have a lot of cap room to find a goalie and fill some holes

on their roster as a result of all that LTIR. Lehner is on his way out in Vegas, he is not the goalie of their future. 

Lehner's 5M but they don't have a starter anymore.  

They didn't gain any cap space by adding Weber - it's trading Dadonov that gave them 5M.  Adding an LTIR contract is going to cost them cap flexibility and prevent them from banking cap space.  They would have been significantly better off trading Dadonov without taking Weber back but the cost to dump that Dadonov contract was likely far too expensive.

Regular roster + Ferland allows Vancouver to spend as high as 86M but Ferland can't play so they really only have 82.5M for their regular roster.  It's the same for Vegas.

Regular roster + Dadonov at 5M cannot exceed 82.5M.  Remove Dadonov and add Weber gives them a regular roster up to 82.5M + Weber's 7.9M and a new cap limit of 90.4M but Weber can't play - their regular roster is still at most 82.5M but now they've cleared the 5M for Dadonov.  They would have been at the same point without adding Weber - a regular roster of at most 82.5M.