The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Miller to Carolina

With Paches going down for awhile, Carolina now has the cap space to add someone dominant like Miller. With the likelihood of someone else going on LTIR for them in the season, it could work out where all their players will be back for playoffs. 

To Carolina: JT Miller

To Vancouver: Martin Necas, Scott Morrow, 1st round pick, Conditional 2nd round pick 2024 (if Carolina makes it to the final 4, it becomes a 1st round pick)

With Necas' cap hit, Carolina loses roughly 2M in cap. Next season Jordan Staal needs a new contract and likely will sign for much cheaper then the 6M he's making right now, allowing Carlina to extend Miller if they like. 

Pretty heavy price to pay but Miller would dominate in their top 6. 

Edited by Top Sven Baercheese
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Excellent proposal and fair. 

Put the teeth back in JR. 

Time to get ‘er done! :frantic:

Do you just have a hate on for JT, Alf, or just drinking too much too early? Your insistence on trading JT is becoming truly tiresome.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

Miller @ 50% retained for Jarvis and Morrow.  

They want one of the premier power forwards in the game right now, in his absolute prime,  then they'll pay up and be considered legit contenders vs just a regular season team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

With Paches going down for awhile, Carolina now has the cap space to add someone dominant like Miller. With the likelihood of someone else going on LTIR for them in the season, it could work out where all their players will be back for playoffs. 

To Carolina: JT Miller

To Vancouver: Martin Necas, Scott Morrow, 1st round pick, Conditional 2nd round pick 2024 (if Carolina makes it to the final 4, it becomes a 1st round pick)

With Necas' cap hit, Carolina loses roughly 2M in cap. Next season Jordan Staal needs a new contract and likely will sign for much cheaper then the 6M he's making right now, allowing Carlina to extend Miller if they like. 

Pretty heavy price to pay but Miller would dominate in their top 6. 

I think your asking the moon? No way will Carolina make this deal..

1.Morrow 19, 6'2 drafted 40th O/A 2021 stock has gone up playing great hockey at NCAA- great skater

2. Neca 23, 6'2 - RW/ C - 2 yrs X 3 million -- GP 78 - 40 PTS --GP 53-  41 PTS --GP64 - 36 PTS upside good

3. 1st round pick

4. Conditional 2nd could be 1st if Carolina makes to final 4...

Realistic....Morrow 19 D -- Necas 23 -- 2nd RD 2024 -- 

Carolina has to sign Miller 29 ? 6 yrs X 8.2 million-- 

Miller for Necas and Morrow is a win even without the picks. Trying to squeeze  every last drop out of another team is why Miller hasn’t been moved yet.

had we asked for Schneider and Chytil/Kakko without the picks, Miller would have likely been moved last trade deadline and we would be set.

Edited by NorthWestNuck
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, NorthWestNuck said:

Miller for Necas and Morrow is a win even without the picks. Trying to squeeze  every last drop out of another team is why Miller hasn’t been moved yet.

had we asked for Schneider and Chytil/Kakko without the picks, Miller would have likely been moved last trade deadline and we would be set.

We have no idea what was actually offered for Miller at any point in time, ONLY media speculation that No GM or executive involved in the discussions would EVER confirm.

Fans need to stop assuming that media are listening in on Allvin or JRs cell.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Shoe on the other foot? Why would Carolina want a forward that's outside their core groups age?

After all he's going to drop off a cliff points wise when he's 30 isn't he? And he's going to be outside what they can afford.

Miller is going to drop to 50-60 points in 3-4 years so we shouldn't sign him to a huge long term deal.  However, every other NHL team is more than welcome to sign Miller to a 9x7 contract AND give us all of their top prospects because he will be elite for several more years...

simpsons2.gif

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller is going to drop to 50-60 points in 3-4 years so we shouldn't sign him to a huge long term deal.  However, every other NHL team is more than welcome to sign Miller to a 9x7 contract AND give us all of their top prospects because he will be elite for several more years...

simpsons2.gif

Are you on drugs EP? Down 50-60 points?! Doubt it!  I don't think I've ever seen someone lately that could drop that kind of percentage who has that skill set and drive. 

And he's just hitting 5th gear now and there's only OD left and I'd imagine he'd hit that in the playoffs. 20-30 points maybe but 50-60, nah

26 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Are you on drugs EP? Down 50-60 points?! Doubt it!  I don't think I've ever seen someone lately that could drop that kind of percentage who has that skill set and drive. 

And he's just hitting 5th gear now and there's only OD left and I'd imagine he'd hit that in the playoffs. 20-30 points maybe but 50-60, nah

I said some people are saying he will drop down TO 50 or 60 points in 3-4 years, not that he will drop 50-60 points.  I'm sure you understand the difference between those two statements.

Also, I don't believe that will actually happen.  I was actually making a joke that some people think Miller's production will drop substantially in the next 3-4 years so we should trade him, however we should also get maximum return for him because other teams will totally give him a 9x7 contract and give up all their top prospects for him.

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

We have no idea what was actually offered for Miller at any point in time, ONLY media speculation that No GM or executive involved in the discussions would EVER confirm.

Fans need to stop assuming that media are listening in on Allvin or JRs cell.

I’m not speculating what was offered. I’m just suggesting that we as fans need to temper our expectations on any return we may get in a trade, not expect to hose whoever we’re trading with and walk away with elite dman + elite prospect + 1st + 2nd etc.

Even a 1 for 1 trade would benefit us if we moved Miller (position of strength) for a RHD (position of weakness) and we’d still more then likely make the playoffs and be set for years to come.

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, NorthWestNuck said:

how is that a win? Necas might improve, but if he doesn't we already have a lot of winger talent. He doesn't bring anything we don't already have.

Morrow might be good down the road, but he isn't even under contract yet. We don't know what he'll be. 

21 hours ago, awalk said:

Only works if  Carolina agrees to pay Miller 10 Shmilly a year per his new agent John Scott

Ten Schmilly a year in Vancouver is 9 in CAR so ... well not as ridiculous ... or 8.5 in six other teams around the league. 

40 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Ten Schmilly a year in Vancouver is 9 in CAR so ... well not as ridiculous ... or 8.5 in six other teams around the league. 

I like that you genuinely responded to this. 

Man we're bored eh 

4 hours ago, JM_ said:

how is that a win? Necas might improve, but if he doesn't we already have a lot of winger talent. He doesn't bring anything we don't already have.

Morrow might be good down the road, but he isn't even under contract yet. We don't know what he'll be. 

I did some checking on Necas a few weeks back and the results didn't look all that good for him.  He hasn't established

himself as a 3rd C and usually plays on the RW.  The Canes want a defensive 3C, whilst Necas is an offensive player

with the usual defensive struggles.  With Jarvis jumping past him, it is unlikely that Martin will get a chance to

be a top 6 player for the Hurricane.  I think he will be on the move this season.   Like you have stated, he isn't

a player that the Canucks need.

Scott Morrow was an unknown to me until I stumbled onto the Scoutching Report on him (which I have a lot of respect for).

He sounds like a massive talent who's skill/size will easily translate to the NHL.  Scoutch seems to think Morrow will

become a premier NHL dman.  Still, he is projected to be an offensive dman, whom has to work on his defensive game.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I did some checking on Necas a few weeks back and the results didn't look all that good for him.  He hasn't established

himself as a 3rd C and usually plays on the RW.  The Canes want a defensive 3C, whilst Necas is an offensive player

with the usual defensive struggles.  With Jarvis jumping past him, it is unlikely that Martin will get a chance to

be a top 6 player for the Hurricane.  I think he will be on the move this season.   Like you have stated, he isn't

a player that the Canucks need.

Scott Morrow was an unknown to me until I stumbled onto the Scoutching Report on him (which I have a lot of respect for).

He sounds like a massive talent who's skill/size will easily translate to the NHL.  Scoutch seems to think Morrow will

become a premier NHL dman.  Still, he is projected to be an offensive dman, whom has to work on his defensive game.

Morrow would be a neat add for sure, I'd just be a bit concerned that he's not under contract and him being a key part of a deal. If he was signed tho thats a different animal. 

• Vintage 1