The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Miller to Carolina

37 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

The Kes trade was different because he wanted to leave Vancouver and only had 1 team that he could go to. 

Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place. 

Hall's value has gone south for a while now.  Maybe something to do with playing on 5 different teams in 6 yrs.

I think JT will get a decent return when the time comes.  He's of more value than Giroux and will likely be the best

available player at TDL.  It may not be what fans were anticipating before the deadline last year, but it will return

a prospect + player and a pick that will help our team going forward.

An example is...  Nolan Foote +  Severson  + 2nd round pick

And i think that exactly what we should expect from a Miller trade.   A prospect/young player  a guy on an expiring deal maybe we keep or maybe we don't and a pick.    So can agree with that. 

32 minutes ago, IBatch said:

And i think that exactly what we should expect from a Miller trade.   A prospect/young player  a guy on an expiring deal maybe we keep or maybe we don't and a pick.    So can agree with that. 

I can appreciate that, not getting overrated misfits (e.g. Necas/ Coghlan) back but also not asking for blue-chippers when the market simply isn't there for it (e.g. Schneider, Chytil, 1st in a good draft year).  Getting a serviceable expiring contract, a decent prospect and a 2nd might still look like we're selling for $0.75 on the dollar, but at least it's not just for pennies.